Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • BE vs 231
    • gary (Login TJA1987)
      Posted May 21, 2017 2:30 PM

Since I retired I have done a lot of reloading for both .38 and 9mm. I have done a lot of testing with a Ransom rest and offer this suggestion from what I have learned. About all you can get anymore that I have had success with is either 3D or Precision Delta 148 wadcutters. Start with 3.0 gr. of 231 go one/tenth of a grain at a time to a max of 3.3 gr. and see which shoots best in your gun. The barrel has a lot to do with which shoots best. Having built at least 20 PPC guns I can tell you that one gun may shoot 3.0 gr. of 231 the best, but another gun (even from the same barrel blank) will shoot 3.2 or 3.3 better. Be patient and give each load a fair chance. I shot a 239-18X match 3 this year using 3.0 gr. of 231 with Can-O-Lead wadcutters I had from years ago.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement