Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • 100r SWC
    • Tony Kent (Login tonyk1960)
      Posted Jul 10, 2017 2:05 AM

Andrew, I know what you mean. BE is a great powder, but, it still does have that tendency to leave some unburnt stuff behind. Although 20 years ago I would have argued with you, they have changed the picture over the years. Have you tried the Vihtavuori powders, yes they are expensive as all hell, but burn clean as.

I think any powder you use there is a time when you have to look at effectiveness of burn, a too low charge could result in a detonation, as was happening with BE when noah was a lad. Some of the old timers here can verify that. Turned a lot of people away from it for ISSF (UIT) then along came the Win shotgun powders and we were all happy again, apart from the powder left in the bottom of your gun bag after the match.

Stick with what works, we had Dean and the lads up at Cairns two weeks ago shooting the marathon, 1.9gr of TB and 100r SWC shoved 3.3mm in the case was putting good groups down at 50, I like a little bit of recoil so I know it's gone off, there was nothing on these. Don't know if I'd go to a World Champs on them, his call.

I hear the Linda is off shooting shotgun with Gary, Ray Gray has here BP guns, hopefully she won't have too much fun and she'll be back.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement