Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: 1911's - help a beginner
    • Unregistered Member (Login Irish-PPC)
      Posted Sep 8, 2017 5:52 PM

Wise words Andrew. If I'm honest I totally agree, I often wonder what the fascination is with the desire for over engineered tools when compared to our ability. I suppose its about priorities, I generally use factory magtech/s&B wadcutters as I have limited time and value practice over reloading and if I'm honest the question is general.

I looked at reviews of stock STI 1911's and the bushing guns seem to out perform the bull barrel guns. This may or may not translate into the real world with personal preference and 'feel' when shooting them. I suppose I'm asking as I make lots of compramises, most related to my my ability, but all things being equal I like feeling I've made the best choices possible, not because I think I'm good enough to need them, but it seems foolish not to if all other things are equal.

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement