<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Getting started

September 3 2002 at 5:57 PM
No score for this post
Noel  (no login)

I'd love to try my hand at PPC, but I haven't any idea how to start. I can't locate any clubs in my area, nor much information about the game at all.

Moreover, I'm not even sure if I'd be allowed shoot in a typical match -- I'm a civilian, and while I've heard that some clubs allow non-cops, many don't.

Anybody have any suggestions for me?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dave
(no login)

Re: Getting started

No score for this post
September 10 2002, 11:20 PM 

Without knowing you location I cannot suggest where you might shoot.

As for what you need to start, depending on class, any centerfire handgun of .38 cal/9mm or larger, 4+ magazines/speed loaders, a good holster and mag/speed loader pouch.

Kevin
(no login)

Getting Started

No score for this post
September 16 2002, 6:57 PM 

If you're an NRA member, you get go to the Law Enforcement page on the NRA site. It has the sanctioned matches listed, and usually either a phone # or e-mail to get in touch with someone from the club. I know the range I shoot at generally lets anyone shoot in the monthly matcjes, and only restricts if it's state or regionals.

Jerry
(no login)

Re: Getting started

No score for this post
October 9 2002, 10:25 PM 

The NRA would be your best bet.
If you can get hired by a security company you can shoot what's called the (Industral Class)

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement