<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

PYTHON in PPC

August 21 2003 at 6:41 PM
No score for this post
Rick Willier  (no login)

Has anyone used a Colt Python in PPC.
I need to know what modifications I need to make in order to be competative with my Python.
Thanks,
Rick

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Al Culbertson
(Login AlCulbertson)

Re: Python in PPC

No score for this post
August 26 2003, 10:42 PM 

Pythons can be very good guns to start PPC with. An action job would be nice, and the front ramp sight should be changed to a patridge style. Your choices in speedloaders will be limited, Safariland Comp 2's will be your best bet. The Python will also be a good choice for the Distinguished Match.

Al

Rich Willier
(no login)

thanks

No score for this post
August 28 2003, 8:12 PM 

thanks for rely AL!
Any info is very appreciated.
Does anyone happen to have a .357 Semi-wadcutter load for PPC?

Thanks, Rich

Tim G
(no login)

PPC load

No score for this post
September 8 2003, 6:48 PM 

Rich
If you plan to use HBWC the best load I have found (and many people use it) is 3.1 grains of 231. Very good load with minimal recoil. That is in a .38 case which I would recommend over the .357 just because it is a reduced load and you can have problems trying to reduce the load in the larger cavity .357 case.
Tim

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement