<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

PPC shooting

September 24 2003 at 11:36 PM
No score for this post
Brian  (no login)

Hi all

I am considering joining the a local PPC team, but would like to know more about the format of the compitition as well as if any could offer any advice on pistols. I have an non accurized Colt Trooper .357 and a Colt Model 1911 - Government 1970 - that I am having fitted with a match grade barrel + compensator as well as a red dot 1X40 scope.

Any sage advice would be appreciated.

Brian
NYPD

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: PPC shooting

No score for this post
September 27 2003, 6:35 PM 

Hi Brian

The python will work just like it is, but the comp and the scope on the 1911 is not allowed in PPC. Having a new match barrel put in the 1911 is fine tune the trigger to about 4.5 pounds no lighter or you may not be legal in some bigger competitions.

Greg

Pete Venturella
(no login)

PPC

No score for this post
December 26 2004, 9:37 PM 

Get in touch with Steve Albanese up at Rodmans Neck Range for PPC shooting by NYPD guys.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement