<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

PPC Gun

October 16 2003 at 8:22 AM
No score for this post
Jim  (no login)

Do most guys buy used or have them custom made? If you have them custom made, by whom. I have been shooting for three years now with a stock 686 and I think its time to move up. I have been looking for a good used one, but have not run across one yet. Can you recommend a gunsmith that will custom make one for me, preferably with a webpage I can check out?

thanks

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bob
(no login)

PPC gun

No score for this post
October 20 2003, 5:20 PM 

I have not had much luck finding web pages on PPC guns.

I just had one made, though.

I bought a model 10 S&W, 2' barrel. From there I added what I wanted from Brownells. It cost me about 550-600 total.

Also, there was an ad on here for a PPC gun and holster.

My PERSONAL opinion, which if you add a dollar will get you coffee, is that I shy away from the .357 caliber. To me, it adds a bit of unnessecary space between the bullet and the cone. I stick with .38 caliber.

Good luck!

Paul Warner
(no login)

ppc gun builder

No score for this post
October 23 2003, 12:11 AM 

Jim,

I have had great success with a Mod. 10 Smith built for me by George F. Long, out of Rogue River, OR. When I went looking to have a gun built - I went to the Top 100 Pistolsmiths list from American Handgunner magazine. You can research the list on-line. Several commented they did ppc conversions but after a lot of calls and questions, I narrowed it down to George Long.

He can be reached at 541 476-7552. I went with a 6" slab sided w/full underlug barrel, Aristocrat Tri-Set Rib, ball detent yoke lock, chambers chamfered and of course an action job. He reblued the entire weapon when completed.

It shoots beautifully - I am more than pleased with it and will probably have him build me another shortly.

Paul Warner

One other note - George is a great pistolsmith but you won't find a website for him - not even and email address - everything is confirmed via postal... Good Luck!

MARK
(Login MCAS)

GOOD SOURCE

No score for this post
December 8 2003, 12:35 PM 

I recommend Bruce at http://www.bcarmory.com . He built me a great gun at a fair price. If I could shoot as good as my gun is, I'd be great...

Pete Venturella
(no login)

Gun smith in NY

No score for this post
December 14 2004, 12:14 PM 

http://www.jcbgunsmith.com/

I have attached a website for John Blauvelt a gunsmith and PPC competitior in New York State.

Gravity
(no login)

Re: PPC Gun

No score for this post
December 18 2004, 11:54 AM 

Clark Custom also makes a nice PPC gun still.
Based on the Model 10.

DOUG
(no login)

CLARK CUSTOM

No score for this post
January 3 2005, 1:11 AM 

JIM CLARK DOES MAKE AN EXCELLENT PPC REVOLVER. AT NATIONALS THIS YEAR, CLARK HAD A BOX FULL OF BARRELS HE GOT FROM KEN EVERSULL. EVERSULL WAS ONE OF THE BEST EVER AT BUILDING BULL BARREL REVOLVERS. I DON'T HAVE HIS NUMBER AT MY DESK NOW BUT IF YOU DIAL INFORMATION AND ASK FOR CLARK CUSTOM GUNS IN SHREVEPORT LOUISIANA YOU'LL HIT PAY DIRT.

T. Hines
(no login)

I HAVE A PPC GUN FOR SALE

No score for this post
March 5 2005, 10:08 PM 

IT IS A KILHOFFER BUILT .38 S&W. IT HAS RON POWERS LUG, RON POWERS BBL., AND A WICHITA ADJUSTIBLE 4-PIN SIGHT RIB. THE CYLINDER WAS SHAMFERED, HAS AN OPTIONAL HANG-N-BANG TRIGGER, BOBBED HAMMER, AND BEAUTIFUL TRIGGER JOB. ANYONE INTERESTED, CONTACT ME AT hines51703@yahoo.com

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement