<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

ppc autos

February 3 2004 at 11:31 PM
No score for this post
Gary Morris  (Login Papaw)

I am wanting to buy an open class ppc auto. I have communicated with springfield and smith & wesson. Pretty expensive and a waiting list. How about some of the custom shops, expensive too I bet. Any suggestions, maybe a stock gun to start? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Papaw

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
blixt
(no login)

Re: ppc autos

No score for this post
August 13 2004, 9:06 AM 

Most popular choices here seem to be the Sig Sauer X-Master Ls, sig210s, and custom 1911s.

Im using a custom Sig210 which I paid appr $3000 for last year. Its a great gun made even better by the gunsmith and Im very happy with it. So far my pb with it is 1487, but I hope to improve that with a few points before the year is over

Mark L Paddack
(Login marklpaddack)

PPC Auto

No score for this post
September 9 2004, 7:36 AM 

I recently purchased a Les Baer 1911 Open Class 9mm with an Aristicrat sight from an outstanding PPC shooter (Class winner in Jackson, MS NPSC) in my police department. He had problems with it grouping past 50 yards. At 50 yards the gun was horrible on paper. He lost confidence in the firearm and was frustrated with in

I had previously attended a PPC event outside of Richmond, VA at Cavalier Rifle and Pistol Club, Montpelier, VA. I met a shooter with a PPC Les Baer Auto that was built and had some custom work done by Jerry Keefer (Armor for Richmond PD.)

I contacted Mr. Keefer regarded the performance of the Les Baer and Jerry requested I sent the firearm through an FFL dealer for inspection. With in a couple of days of receiving, Jerry called me and explained what was wrong with the locking block portion of the barrel and play in the barrel.

Mr. Keefer machined and blueprinted a new barrel to Les Baer. From a Ransom rest locked down the 24 shot group with AMI 147 gr. bullet grouped just under 1 inch! Much better than I will ever be able to shoot. The cost for the 1911 from my co-worker was expensive but the repair work by Jerry was reasonable ($375.) I am very happy with my PPC Auto and look forward to competeing with it this month at the NRA NPSC in Jackson, MS.

I was so impressed with Mr. Keefer's demeanor and professionalism that I have contacted Mr. Keefer regarding a distinguish auto that I can use in distinguish auto PPC matches. If you are interested I would suggest contacting Jerry Keefer for his advise on purchasing a PPC Auto or having custom work. James Keefer, Jr., Engineered Revolvers and Automatics, LLC. 1-804-556-2844 or email keefer45@msn.com

Doug
(no login)

ppc auto

No score for this post
October 6 2004, 12:35 AM 

I've shot numerous ppc semi-automatics, the choice is clear. Call Beth at the Smith & Wesson Performance Center and order a "PPC 9". The waiting list is about 10 months but that gives you time to save the money. If you decide not buy the gun or find something else in the meantime you don't have to buy the gun when it becomes available. They run about $1200 but your department can buy it at an approximate 15% discount. The gun will eat any ammo available but excells with precision delta 115 grain hollow points. GOOD LUCK!!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement