<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Unbelievable!

October 7 2004 at 12:39 AM
No score for this post
Doug  (no login)

There are thousands of ppc shooters and almost no forums for discussion. This is the only one I can find and very few people use it. Unbelievable! I've been shooting ppc for 13 months and have clawed my way to the bottom of the expert class. I'm addicted. There are very few people who know what ppc is and fewer who care to know. I look forward to logging in and finding some good information.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
PPC Master
(no login)

Hey Doug

No score for this post
October 7 2004, 10:19 AM 

Welcome to the sport of PPC. I live in NJ and usual posting during the day 8am-4pm. I am also disappointed that noone uses this sight. If you have questions make a post or just to chat about things also.
Bob

Doug
(no login)

Nationals

No score for this post
October 10 2004, 12:41 AM 

Bob,

We finally convinced the "Brass" to pick up the tab for our trip to nationals. We had a blast. It was a wonderful experience.
We have been shooting the monthly matches at Pearl MS. Phillip Hemphill,Keith Ferguson, Dan Rawlinson, Bobby Reed, Pat Cronin and John Hillhouse all shoot in the matches. These guys are the elite shooters in the sport and each and everyone of them is a class act. Everyone I've had contact with have gone out of their way to help me (the new guy). That is one of the reasons I like the sport so much.

Did you get a chance to go to nationals this year? If so, let me know how yall did.

PPC Master
(no login)

Good shootin

No score for this post
October 10 2004, 4:03 PM 

No I have never been to the nationals yet. I have shot in the States and Police Olympics. Planning next year to do States in NJ, NY, PA. Police Olympics, Texas LE Games and the Nationals. Possible International In Vegas and World in Canada. How did you make out in Miss. What types of matches did you shoot. Con grats w/ the Brass. I get help from my PBA though.
Bob

Doug
(no login)

results

No score for this post
October 11 2004, 12:33 AM 

I shot in every match available. Revolver and Semi 1500, both distinguished matches, service revolver, stock semi, off duty revolver, x-team, 2-man revolver, 2-man semi, and the shotgun match. With the possible aggregate matches included, you actually participate in 24 matches even though you only fire 19 matches. I ended up with six 1st place awards, seven 2nd place awards and four 3rd place awards. I really got lucky, because right before nationals I turned in a 1460 and a 1456 at the Mississippi State Championships at Pearl. Those two scores did not get calculated until after Nationals, so I got to compete in a lower class. I'll have a much harder time at Nationals next year in the Expert class. But maybe that will push me to practice more. I hope I find the time. I've never heard of the Police Olympics. What is the course of fire? Where is it held and when? What is your Classification and what guns do you shoot?

PPC Master
(no login)

Stuff

No score for this post
October 12 2004, 7:27 AM 

Hey Doug,
Great going at the Nationals! I shoot mainly in NJ, NY and PA. I am Classified as a Master for the revolver and Expert for the Auto. I shoot in the high 1470's to low 1480's these days. Guns: 686 revolver and a Kimber for the Auto. Police oylmpics are held annually in Albany, NY usually in June. Courses are: 900 Bullseye match, 1500 match (only 1), Service Revolver, Service Auto, Speed Challenge and Shotgun. All held in 4 days. What guns do you shoot? Also it takes usually 2 month to get a new classification card. Anyway here from ya soon.
Bob

doug
(no login)

guns

No score for this post
October 30 2004, 12:32 AM 

I had virus problems with computer and haven't posted in a while. The equipment I've been lucky enough to scrounge up on police pay is a S&W model 10 bull barrel revolver, 4" and 6" 686's for service revolver and distinguished, a glock 17 for stock semi and combat courses which is surprisingly accurate and a 6" S&W PPC 9 for the semi 1500. The S&W PPC 9 is the most impressive firearm I own. In a ransom rest the gun will shoot 1 1/2 inch groups at 50 yds. I know it's hard to believe, but I haven't been able to do that yet. At least I know the gun can shoot a 1500. The jury is still out on me! I guess I'll just have to keep practicing.

Later,
Doug

PPC Master
(no login)

Stuff

No score for this post
November 8 2004, 10:17 AM 

Good to hear from ya Doug. So you really like the S&W PPC 9 Huh. I was also thinking of buying that gun and possible a STI PPC 9/.45 called there target master. I haven't decided yet. Anyway season is over here and looking forward to the 1st 2 mayches in January.
Bob

doug
(no login)

sti

No score for this post
November 9 2004, 11:15 PM 

I had never held a STI gun before but they had a booth at nationals. Those guns are SWEET and you are right the target master seems to be the cream of the crop. A friend of mine who always seems to have extra money lying around purchased a Springfield PPC Auto with all the extras. He spent about $2700 but that gun is an absolute work of art. Maybe we'll hit the lotto one day and fill our safes with everything we want. I think the first thing I'd have to buy would be a bigger safe.

LATER

PPC Master
(no login)

Winning lottery

No score for this post
November 16 2004, 10:18 AM 

Hey Doug,
Been on Vacation last week. Anyway the lottery would be nice. After 10yrs shooting I almost have everything I need but of course companies keep coming up with better stuff. Do you reload? If so what are some of the loads you reload.If not what ammo do you buy.
Later
Bob

doug
(no login)

ammo

No score for this post
January 3 2005, 1:00 AM 

I shoot monthly matches at Pearl Mississippi. Eight or ten of those guys are high masters and shoot on the Mississippi Highway Patrol Pistol Team. They have done more testing and evaluation on ammo than anyone I can imagine. They shoot Precision Delta ammo in the .38 and in the 9mm. They claim it's the best thing going. I got my department to order Precision Delta, Winchester and Anderson Munitions. The Precision Delta seems to shoot better for me in my bull gun and my ppc 9mm.

Our season begins in about 2 months, I can hardly wait!

GOOD LUCK IN THE NEW YEAR!!

Randy
(no login)

semiauto ppc

No score for this post
February 25 2005, 12:46 AM 

Just started shooting pistols about a year ago. I went to a 1500 ppc match in Homer, La. at the David Wade Correctional facility and did poorly, but am I in love with THE MATCH. I shoot a Les Baer Premier II in .45. Probably not the best caliber, but an accurate pistol. I would like to go th Pearl and shoot. I understand the next match is on March 22, 2005. Does anyone have any information on the match? I'm basically at the 1380 level, and wondering if there is a cutoff scorewise for being allowed to participate. I hope not. If I get off work after dark, I go to our local range, turn the car lights on the target, and shoot in the dark. That's addiction. Randy

DOUG
(no login)

PEARL MS

No score for this post
March 6 2005, 3:25 PM 

Randy,

If you are a Doctor and work at the Sheriff's Office, I met you at the Wade match. I was the Probation and Parole Officer. There are no requirements to shoot except you have to join the Mississippi Police Marksman Association. The cost of the match is $10 and $5 to join the association. Matches start at 9 am. Matches are held at the Mississippi Law Enforcemant Training Academy in Pearl, MS. Call me at the Franklin Parish Sheriff's Office and I'll get you directions (318) 435-4505.

ppcmaster
(no login)

NEW PPC WEBSITE WITH INFO

No score for this post
March 8 2005, 12:45 PM 

Hey Doug,
Check out this new PPC website. www.njppc.org

Randy
(no login)

Re: PEARL MS

No score for this post
June 11 2005, 10:12 PM 

Doug,
I can't believe that I found this site again. Thank you for the information re: the Pearl, Ms. PPC matches. I have gone to 3 now and will be there on the 21st of June. I have a custom 9mm 6 inch slide made by Kammerdeiner Custom Guns of Vidalia, La. It's the first Aristocrat site I have had. The barrel is a Schumann ultimatch and it is easily the most accurate pistol I've ever shot. I am just learning neck hold sighting. I have set the front site at 50 yards so that the corners of the site are just visible over the white background above the silhouette shoulders as the point of aim. Do most PPC shooters use the angles of the front site this way? Should I set for higher up the silhouette neck? I also have had better luck with neck hold at 25 yards than sighting in directly at the 10 ring. The front site corners are too narrow to show up against the target white at 25 yards, but I seem to be able to more quickly get the next shot off. The heavier gun with the lighter recoil is a big improvement over the 5 in. slide .45 caliber Les Baer that I was shooting. I could never find a miner carbide lamp that worked, but I found a Ray-Vin.com carbide burner that holds the water in a compartment that a one way valve allows you to turn the knob and push a minute amount of water into the carbide compartment. It has a very effective flint strike system and really is a convenient way to blacken your sites. Hope to see you in Pearl and thanks. Randy

doug
(no login)

Pearl, MS

No score for this post
June 12 2005, 12:17 AM 

RANDY,
IT IS AMAZING HOW MUCH FUN IT IS TO SHOOT A GOOD GUN! I'M NOT A HIGH-MASTER AND MAYBE SHOULDN'T GIVE ADVICE BUT MY NECK HOLD AT 50 IS JUST AS YOU DESCRIBED. I ALSO USE A NECK HOLD AT 25. BOTH SEEM TO BE HELPFUL TO ME.

I FOUND THAT GUY'S # IN BATON ROUGE WHO HAS THE 5" PPC 9 FOR SALE. THE GUN AND 10 MAGS FOR $1000. IT'S A PRETTY SWEET DEAL, I JUST DON'T HAVE AN EXTRA "GRAND" LAYING AROUND. SEE YOU ON THE 21ST.

Randy
(no login)

ppc 9

No score for this post
June 17 2005, 11:32 PM 

Doug,
Bring the BR guy's # to Pearl. I would be interested. Randy

Gravity
(Login policepistol)
Owner

Re: ppc 9

No score for this post
June 18 2005, 11:31 AM 

I also use the neck hold at 25 and 50. Works for me. Just set the "head" on top of your perfectly lined up sights. (Hopefully)

Jason
(no login)

New guy

No score for this post
July 5 2005, 5:15 PM 

Doug,
I have just recently started shooting the PPC matches as well. I was looking for a 9mm PPC S&W when I found this website, it is awesome. I shoot on the MDOT pistol team, there are a few of them that have been doing this for some time now but they recently held try-outs and I made the team. We went to Savannah,GA for our first match and I won the new shooter award not a big trophy but boy was I proud of it and now I'm hooked. I did not get to make the match in June due to a detail I had to work. We are planning to make the match in Tuscaloosa, AL in August. Then we are planning for the nationals after that. If the gentleman still has the 9mm PPC gun I would like to hear more about it. Thanks,
Jason

doug
(no login)

ppc 9

No score for this post
July 10 2005, 1:43 AM 

I'M NOT SURE, BUT WHEN I LEFT PEARL AFTER THE JUNE MATCH, ROY FULLERTON WAS GOING TO BUY IT. MAYBE HE DIDN'T.
IF YOU SHOOT IN THEIR MONTHLY MATCH IN JULY, I'LL BE THERE. IF ROY DIDN'T BUY IT HE SHOULD STILL HAVE THE GUY'S NUMBER.

LATER

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement