<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Looking for a slip on heavy underlug for S&W 686

January 14 2005 at 7:40 PM
No score for this post
Jack Bickley  (no login)

Hello Fellow Shooters,
I used to shoot PPC many years ago and my son got me back recently. I have a S&W 686, front adjustable sight and am trying to locate a slip on heavy underlug for extra weight like I had in the past. I can't remember who it was made by and can't seem to locate one in Brownells or in any gun magazines. I was wondering if one of you guys or gals could lead me to a source.
Thanks,
Jack

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Alan
(Login policepistol)
Owner

Re: Looking for a slip on heavy underlug for S&W 686

No score for this post
January 17 2005, 5:32 PM 

I'm glad I spotted this message as I have been looking for the same thing for my 686. If you find anything please post again here and I'll do the same.
I know Ron Power use to make one as he did a lot of PPC guns and equip but he is retired now and will not do anymore. One of my fellow shooters knows him. I heard his son has somewhat taken over and has some Ruger/SW stuff on a site http://www.powercustom.com/
If you come across anything elsewhere please let me know as I'll do the same.
Best.

This message has been edited by policepistol on Jan 17, 2005 5:39 PM

JC Blauvelt
(Login JCBlauvelt)

I have one of sorts

No score for this post
June 21 2005, 8:28 PM 

I have one made by Wichita Arms. It is the one that has a slant compensator on the end. The comp part can be sawed off and then you would just have the weight. It is blued steel. If interested email me. gunsmith@jcbgunsmith.com

Jack
(no login)

686 heavy underlug

No score for this post
January 21 2005, 5:07 PM 

Alan,
I have found a person who used to make heavy underlugs and might be willing to make one to order. If you can give me your e-mail, I will try to get you a picture and more info.
Jack

doug
(no login)

Re: Looking for a slip on heavy underlug for S&W 686

No score for this post
January 27 2005, 12:29 AM 

Try Jim Clark of Shreveport LA. I believe the website is Clarkcustomguns.com , he caters to competitive shooters and adds underlugs on bull guns. The underlug might not be on the website but at least you could get a phone number for him. He may be able to steer you in the right direction. Good Luck!!

MIKE C
(no login)

FOUND IT

No score for this post
February 3 2005, 3:32 PM 

I WAS LOOKIN ALL OVER FOR THE SLIP ON UNDERLUG. I FOUND IT ON EBAY ABOUT A YEAR AGO, I WAS LOOKING FOR ONE FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS. IT WAS UNUSED IN THE WRAPPER WILSON, TIGHTENED WITH AN ALLEN KEY TO FIX IT ON. I PAYED 22 DOLLARS I LUCKED OUT GOOD LUCK BRO

max
(Login maxwell45120)

re; 686 underlug

No score for this post
June 29 2005, 7:55 PM 

I;m sure bill Jarvis makes them, give him a call.

Rob
(no login)

Under Lug weight

No score for this post
December 23 2005, 3:24 PM 

I had one also it was made by Jarvis gunsmithing, it was one pound and kept the 686 from rising up

charles frazier
(no login)

"L" frame slip on weights

No score for this post
May 1 2006, 12:24 AM 

Those weights were originally built by Bill Jarvis. I'm not sure if he's still in business. I remember several Bianchi Cup Shooters were using them in the late 80's. I hope this will help you

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement