<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

A Norwegian popping by / PPC in Texas?

February 7 2005 at 5:03 PM
No score for this post
Jostein Hassel  (no login)

Howdy all!

I have a few questions for you guys, regarding ppc shooting. But firstly I'll guess i should tell you that I'm a Norwegian citizen still located in Norway. I am howerer plotting to take a semester or two at the the TCU university in Forth Worth, Texas.

I am a active competition shooter, manily compeating in Cowboy Action Shooting (I'm a member of the SASS) an got did get the 7th overall place in the first ever European CAS championship (using blackpowder cartridges) last year. I also shot IPSC matches here in Norway / Scandinavia but at this game i would be happy finnishin 7th from the bottom...

Shooting is ofcourse one of my main goals for studying in the US, while finnishing my education as a teacher at the TCU. I do plan to shoot cas, and maybe IPSC, but PPC shooting has intrigued me for some time. As for now, there is no PPC matches held in Norway, but the Swedes are realy getting the taste of the game, and I hope to bring PPC to Norway in the future.

Therefore I am wondering If there is any PPC clubs in Texas, preferably close to Forth Worth? And I seem to remeber reading somwhere a while back that PPC in the US is limmited to Police officers? If the last part is the rule, I guess i will have to reconsider...

regards and greetings from a cold norway (and no, we do not have polarbears walking the streets...in this part of the nation )

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
H L Gibbs
(no login)

Re: A Norwegian popping by / PPC in Texas?

No score for this post
April 23 2005, 10:37 AM 

The Fort Worth Police Pistol Team has an active PPC team, including the current women's PPC champ. I can send you a match flyer if you would like to shoot. Dallas PD also hosts monthley matches, as does one of the civilian gun clubs.

H L Gibbs
(no login)

No score for this post
April 23 2005, 10:37 AM 

The Fort Worth Police Pistol Team has an active PPC team, including the current women's PPC champ. I can send you a match flyer if you would like to shoot. Dallas PD also hosts monthley matches, as does one of the civilian gun clubs.

Doug
(no login)

No score for this post
April 25 2005, 12:48 AM 

If you spend any time in Eastern Texas, the Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office has approved NRA PPC matches one Saturday per month. The matches are held at the Caddo Range in Shreveport LA. Contact Billy Hayes at the Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office. They are great guys!
GOOD LUCK!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement