<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

S&W PPC 9 - I'M A BELIEVER, BUT NEED ADVICE.

April 25 2005 at 11:45 PM
No score for this post
DOUG  (no login)

I STARTED SHOOTING 2YRS AGO AND ONLY SHOT REVOLVERS. I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 6" S&W PPC 9 FROM THE PERFORMANCE CENTER. IT IS WITH OUT A DOUBT, THE MOST IMPRESSIVE FIERARM I OWN. AFTER A FEW SIGHTING SHOTS, THE FIRST 6 ROUNDS FROM THE 25 YD LINE WERE X'S. I WAS SO EXCITED I IMMEDIATELY SHOT MATCH 2 BEFORE I EVEN SIGHTED IT IN AT 50 YDS. THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME I'VE EVER CLEANED MATCH 2 WITH A SEMI-AUTO AND HAD 13 X'S TO BOOT. I SIGHTED IT IN AT 50 YDS AND IMMEDIATELY SHOT A 230 WITH 10 X'S. THE SECOND HALF OF MATCH 1 AND MATCH 4 PROVED TO BE A BIGGER CHALLENGE. THE REVOLVER TRIGGER IS WHAT I'M USED TO AND IS VERY DIFFERENT FROM THE SEMI-AUTO. THE DIFFERENCE HAS CAUSED SOME DIFFICULTY FOR ME DURING THE RAPID FIRE STAGES. IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE, PLEASE RESPOND.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
D.J.
(Login meangreen75)

ppc 9

No score for this post
April 26 2005, 2:25 AM 

Hey Doug I got a PPC 9 last year and just started competing with it this year. I have learned with the super light trigger you have to kinda relax and let the gun sink back into the original position as you shoot faster. Basically the more you try to control it the worse you will do. I just let the sights float around the X and smoothly press through. Good luck and enjoy.
DJ

DOUG
(no login)

Re: ppc 9

No score for this post
April 27 2005, 12:42 AM 

DJ,
I SHOT IT AGAIN TODAY. I STARTED USING THE TRIGGER RESET AND IT HELPED. I DID BETTER ON MATCH 4, BUT I STILL SEEM TO BE FIGHTING IT. I'LL TRY TO RELAX AND LET THE SIGHTS FALL BACK INTO PLACE. IT SEEMS TO BE MUCH HARDER TO TAME THAN THE REVOLVER, BUT I'M EXCITED TO GET THE CHANCE TO TRY. IT'S A GREAT GUN, I THINK EVERYBODY SHOULD HAVE ONE!
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE.
LATER

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement