<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Newb Questions

August 13 2005 at 1:17 PM
No score for this post
Brian  (Login 5.7x28)

I just discovered PPC, oh... five minutes ago and want to know what is absolutely nessecary to begin competing. What type of gun? Semi or Wheelgun? Also Where can I compete near/around NW Louisiana?

Five-seveN, out.

Never tell the platoon seargent that you have nothing to do.
-Semper Fi

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
doug
(no login)

congratulations

No score for this post
August 14 2005, 1:30 AM 

I can only hope the sport jumps on you like it did me. I am not a high-master but I love shooting PPC. I would recommend starting out with a stock 6" S&W model 14 if you can find it but any good S&W revolver will do (preferrably a 6"). If you can find one with at black post style front sight you'll be ahead of the game. For approximately $100 you can get a good trigger job on the gun at Clark's custom guns (Shreveport) or better yet, talk to Terry Johnson at Diamond Gun in Monroe. His work is VERY VERY GOOD!!!

Billy Hays and Jim Carrol are Firearms Instructors at the Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office in Shreveport. Both are top class shooters and moreover top class individuals. They hold monthly PPC matches at the Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office Range. Contact them for dates.

There will also be a match held at their range on 9/23/05. Contact Mark Hutchison at Shreveport Probation and Parole for match information. They have held this match there for many years and it is a very good match. You will shoot the P.O.S.T. course, a Match 5, a combat steel plate match and a shotgun course. Much of the match is sponsored by TEECO. The door prizes are out of this world.

I've got a match flier. Call me at the office (318)574-4201.

Brian
(Login 5.7x28)

Re: congratulations

No score for this post
August 14 2005, 5:13 PM 

Great...see, I am on a very limited budget. The only weapon I have to use as of right now is an old DA Colt Commando in .38 spl. The rifling is about shot out of it, so, accuracy is lacking to say the least. Is the shotgun part of a package, like I have to shoot that as well as the others? I don't even have a tactical like shotgun. Is there any way I could just shoot "my" revolver? One more thing, is there an age constraint? I turn 16 on 8 September.

Never tell the platoon seargent that you have nothing to do.
-Semper Fi

doug
(no login)

Re: congratulations

No score for this post
August 16 2005, 12:25 AM 

Call the Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office to determine elegibility. I know you have to be a comissioned law enforcement officer to shoot PPC. If you qualify to shoot, and go to the match in Shreveport, look me up and you can shoot my shotgun.

Later

Bob
(no login)

New to PPC

No score for this post
December 7 2005, 9:06 AM 

Hey there,
I have a website I made, it can tell you everything you need to know, go to www.njppc.org and look around.
Bob

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement