<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Sight Rib

September 16 2005 at 12:58 PM
No score for this post
Terry  (Login Bullet_Launcher)

I have been in PPC competition in Oregon since 1977. The best sight I have used for PPC shooting had been the Bill Davis Aristocrat. I am preparing to build a new PPC revolver. What is the most popular and current sight ribs used by the top PPC shooters that are available these days?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Gravity
(Login policepistol)
Owner

Re: Sight Rib

No score for this post
September 16 2005, 4:10 PM 

I'd personally stick with the 3 position Aristocrat sight. Brownells was carrying them last I knew.
http://www.brownells.com

doug
(no login)

rib

No score for this post
September 18 2005, 11:18 PM 

The aristocrat 3 position sight is the best thing around. Some like the front adjustment and some like the rear. Brownell's does have them for about $175. CONGRATULATIONS for deciding to come back to the best sport going.

Good Luck!!

Terry
(Login Bullet_Launcher)

No score for this post
September 21 2005, 11:33 PM 

Thank you, I found the sight in Brownells. I am no nubie, I have been competing in PPC in Oregon continuously since 1977. Since that time I have worn out several guns. I just ordered one of the S&W PPC 9s to try out. Look forward to talking with you in the future.

Anonymous
(Login policepistol)
Owner

No score for this post
September 22 2005, 6:31 PM 

Terry,
I have wanted a PPC9 for years now and just have never taken the shot at ordering one. How long did they tell you for a wait?

Terry
(no login)

Re: Sight Rib/PPC9

No score for this post
October 22 2005, 5:48 PM 

S&W told me that I would be put on a waiting list and it would be 6 months before a 5" or 6" ppc9 would be available for purchase. I believe they are only available to LE, as they ask me to fax them a picture of my LE credentials. I have heard from outside sources that some where made available to certain dealers.

Doug
(no login)

No score for this post
September 28 2005, 9:45 PM 

I feel safe in saying that you will become ADDICTED to the PPC 9. I got the 6 inch model last year and it is by far the most impressive weapon I own. I like shooting it even though I am a die hard revolver guy. I've shot numerous types of rounds through mine. It doesn't dislike any ammo but it does best with Precision Delta 147 gr. match ammo. In a ransom rest, it will shoot one and one half inch groups at 50yds. In match 3, I can't shoot all 10's with it at 50 yds. They're normally half 10's and half 9's, but at least I know the gun will do it. The only bad thing is now I don't have any excuses. It's too bad Nationals were cancelled. I only live 90 miles from Jackson MS and the Chief had agreed to pay all expenses. I had it made.

Let me know how you like the new gun when it comes in.

LATER

Eric in Enola
(no login)

PPC 9

No score for this post
October 6 2005, 9:07 AM 

Can civilians buy the S&W PPC 9 now? How much does one cost? Thanks, Eric

doug
(no login)

Re: PPC 9

No score for this post
October 25 2005, 11:03 PM 

I'm not sure if non-law enforcement can buy one or not. But I know who does. Call Beth at the Smith & Wesson Performance center. She's a really nice lady and also very helpful.
I bought my PPC 9 for $1395 and it is worth every penny.

I assume you can get the 800 number on their website.

Good Luck!

Thomas
(Login aw93se)

PPC Rib

No score for this post
November 15 2005, 6:56 AM 

Hi

If you look in the side of merkle custom in germany you will find a very good sight rib.

I have on on my PPC1500 Revolver and it's the best for me.

Kind Regards

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement