<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

British PPC revolvers

November 2 2005 at 8:48 AM
No score for this post
Peter  (no login)

Greetings from the UK,
As you may already know my representatives in Government have banned the possession of pistols & revolvers in the UK. Oh! I feel so much safer now (NOT).
Anyway, I am trying to research the history of the small band of PPC custom gunsmiths in the UK, these guys flourished from about 1982 until 1997 when they were all put out of business. I know one or two escaped to more free countries any news of how they are fareing?
I am hoping to produce a monologue for one of the learned journals (HBSA or Royal Armouries yearbook).
If anyone, from whichever country, has knowledge of any of these custom revolvers and gunsmiths (and pistols) please get in touch.
Details of company, actual maker if known, barrel length, weight, original revolver, etc, etc. and photos appreciated.
Best regards
Peter

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Unregistered Member
(Login Irish-PPC)

Re: British PPC revolvers

No score for this post
December 26 2016, 7:44 PM 

Just spotted this looking back through old threads.

The guy you want is Richard Wilson, a talented smith and all round great guy. He's building again and you can
Find his site at Wilsoncustomguns.com. He was THE ppc builder pre ban and I'm sure would be only too happy to help.

JPE
(Login JPE0392)

Richard Wilson

No score for this post
December 27 2016, 1:48 AM 

Richard Wilson was the dealer for Bill Davis PPC firearms in the late 80's. They did not build, but sold our guns in the UK. He sold our Windmasters , other PPC heavy barrel revolvers as well as Distinguished and service revolvers. I traveled to the UK in 1988 and represented Bill Davis Firearms and shot the Heron European 1500 Championships with Marc Cobb from Long Beach PD. I haven't had contact with the Wilson's since 1990 so if they build guns I'm unaware of that. Richard was our host and showed us the points of interest in London. If you ever get a chance ask him about the Pub incident with the Americans. JPE

Unregistered Member
(Login Irish-PPC)

Re: Richard Wilson

No score for this post
December 27 2016, 12:42 PM 

I must ask him when I'm next speaking to him!

He started out importing and then moved on to building his own, one of which I
Own and am very happy with. Pre ban he was probably the ppc guy in Europe
And the actions are fantastic. At the moment ralf merkle is probably the most widely known
European gunsmith, although Richard is back in business as mine is one of hisnew builds

Unregistered Member
(Login JPE0392)

No score for this post
December 27 2016, 1:24 PM 

He and his Family were great hosts when we traveled there for the Championships, but they kept driving on the wrong side of the road! I'm glad to hear Richard is still in the gun business as the UK needs smiths I imagine. I would love to re-contact Richard if you can supply contact info I would appreciate it. Jerry Eason

Unregistered Member
(Login JPE0392)

Got it

No score for this post
December 27 2016, 1:29 PM 

Sorry missed Richards email address on previous post. I Will contact him. JPE

Unregistered Member
(Login MarcCobb)

No score for this post
March 21 2017, 9:29 PM 

SOHO as I recall, Richard was the smallest but loudest in the room, very big bouncer. Landing at Heathrow we were met by Richard and told that they forgot to get our weapons permits,so just walk through customs like you belong. A week in a foreign country, transporting guns illegally,PRICELESS

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement