<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

PPC-9 load componants

December 2 2005 at 11:20 AM
No score for this post
Terry  (Login Bullet_Launcher)

Smith and Wesson is sending a PPC-9 to me this week. I would like to know what bullets and powder/charge have been used to get accuracy out of this gun?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JB
(no login)

PPC load components

No score for this post
December 3 2005, 11:45 AM 

Try 4.2 Titegroup with Winchester 115 jhp. Seat 1.112 oal with slight taper crimp.

Terry
(Login Bullet_Launcher)

RE:PPC Load Components

No score for this post
December 7 2005, 1:41 PM 

JB, thank you for your response on componants for the PPC 9. Mine arrive yesterday from the factory. The trigger pull is good with the exception of some over travel. The target that came with the gun used 124 gr. JHP Hornady XTP rounds to shoot 1/2" group @ 25 yards. Earlier comments on this list recommended using Precision Delta 147 gr. match ammo. Have you had any experience with shooting lead bullets out of this gun?

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: RE:PPC Load Components

No score for this post
December 9 2005, 3:02 AM 

yes! I use 150 grain Meister cast bullets with 2.7 grains of AA2 powder seated 1.120 oal. Will shoot X-ring at 50 yds. Use light taper crimp.

dj
(Login meangreen75)

loads

No score for this post
December 28 2005, 9:20 AM 

I'm not sure about the reloading part but my PPC9 6" has performed best with 147 grain trun. bullets. It might be different for the 5".
DJ

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement