<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

ppc9

December 26 2005 at 5:51 PM
No score for this post
yam476  (Login yam476)

I'm new to the S&W PPC9 gun. I took it apart for cleaning for the first time. Once I took the barrel out of the slide. I could not put it back in, the brass bushing is very tightly fit. I do not want to force anything. Is there a trick to this? Could I tap the chamber end of the barrel with a plastic hammer? Please help.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
dj
(Login meangreen75)

ppc9

No score for this post
December 28 2005, 9:14 AM 

Don't hammer anything on that gun. It's going to take some patience. Put a couple of drops of oil on the bushing then try get the barrel and bushing on the same angle. You'll have to keep trying to align the bushing and barrel. Once they are lined up right you'll know it. The barrel will slide right into the bushing. The key is to keep moving the bushing until the barrel slides in. Just little movements. Good luck.
DJ

yam476
(Login yam476)

Thank you

No score for this post
December 28 2005, 11:06 AM 

I finally got it in. What I ended up doing was putting the barrel in the freezer for a few hours, and it just slipped right in. Thanks again.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement