<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

PPC gun

April 21 2006 at 12:22 PM
No score for this post
Jeff  (Login rathj2)

Please excuse my ignorance if I make some mistakes here, I'm not very familiar with PPC lingo or guns. I just picked up a PPC gun and I'm interrested in what its value is and I may turn around and sell it. Its a S&W 10, built by Bill Davis. It has a 6" (slab) barrel, Aristocrat rib (front adjustable, 7/25/50), triger overtravel stop, and pachmayer grips. It came with 5 X safariland speed loaders, a safariland holster, belt, speed loader holders, an aluminum case (lockable), 2000 factory loaded wadcutter rds, and the plastic trays (also safariland) that you use to place rounds in to expedite filling the speed loaders (is there a name for these things?). The trigger feels very smooth/light in both SA and DA mode by my standards, not sure what it feels like if you are a seasoned PPC shooter. The gun is stamped with "National NPRC" on the frame, opposite side of where the regular S&W marking is. Additionally the barrel is marked with "NPRC 25th Anniversary 1961-1986" on the right side and "Bill Davis" on the left. The gun appears to be used, but not abused. I'd grade the finish as probably 80%, maybe 90 after I give it a thorough cleaning, but I'm no expert. I have not shot it yet to see how it does on paper and I don't have access to a machine rest. It does appear to need a thorough cleaning. Any pointers on cleaning a PPC gun? Same procedure as cleaning any other fine firearm? Anything special I should do or not do? I'm most interrested in finding the approximate value of the gun as well as the whole set up, and depending on what that works out to be I'll decide if I'm going to keep it or sell it. I'm located in Sacramento, CA if anybody wants to take a look at it. Thanx in advance for any help-Jeff

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Norm
(no login)

Re: PPC gun

No score for this post
April 28 2006, 1:10 AM 

Jeff, I have been out of the PPC game for about 25 years, so I do not have a value for you. However, I am an FFL dealer and retired and have been considering getting back into competition. If you are interested in selling, give me a call at 925-628-8181

Jeff
(Login rathj2)

Re: PPC gun

No score for this post
April 28 2006, 3:41 AM 

I see you are in the east bay by the area code. I'll give you a call tomorrow-Jeff

Norm
(no login)

No score for this post
May 1 2006, 12:56 AM 

Hi Jeff, my cell message cut off your phone no. I actually live in Twain Harte, my cell # is east bay and has reception issues here in the mountains. Lets try e-mail. I am at: nlevisme@juno.com Thanks!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement