<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Nationals

October 11 2006 at 11:49 PM
No score for this post
Doug  (no login)

Did anyone go to nationals? I did and it was a harsh enviorment for a Louisiana boy. The weather cooperated except for the occasional sandstorm. Each day I brougt 3 or 4 pounds of the New Mexico sand back to the motel in my hair and on my guns. As a result of the lack of grass on the range, the light on the firing line was so bright it was uncomfortable. I enjoyed the opportunity to shoot in the biggest police match in the world but the layout of the range seemed haphazard. It was approximately a quarter mile walk from the range to the stat office, the shotgun range and another 100 yds to the award office. New Mexico has a contract to hold Nationals in Albuquerque for the next 5 yrs. I HOPE JACKSON MS GETS IT BACK!! If you have any thoughts about Albuquerque hosting Nationals PLEASE POST.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
donnie
(no login)

Re: Nationals

No score for this post
October 13 2006, 7:21 AM 

Doug,
Louisiana guy here also. Drop me an e-mail please. Would like some info on getting started in PPC.
Thanks!
dm33060@yahoo.com

DOUG
(no login)

PPC IN LOUISIANA

No score for this post
November 10 2006, 12:07 AM 

THERE ISN'T A WHOLE LOT OF PPC IN LOUISIANA, BUT SOME IS BETTER THAN NONE. I REALLY LOVE THE SPORT. WHERE ARE YOU FROM? LET ME KNOW AND I'LL TRY TO HOOK YOU UP WITH A MATCH IN YOUR AREA.

PPC ken
(no login)

No score for this post
October 13 2006, 1:27 PM 

You're lucky - at least you get to go to the nationals. I shoot a lot of PPC around the midwest, but as a civilian, I cannot participate in the real fun at the end of the year. I have been trying to find out basic results on the 2006 NPSC and have had absolutely no luck. So, if you have the time, who won, etc. Thanks

Joe
(no login)

NPSC results

No score for this post
October 19 2006, 10:16 PM 

Phillip Hemphill was the overall winner for the 8th time!The basic results are on the Nra WEbsite.

Joe
(no login)

No score for this post
October 19 2006, 10:23 PM 

The Nationals weren't that bad.The light actually helped me see better.You may want to try different tinted shooting glasses,I used a light brown tint.
It was most aggravating climbing over the wooden target stand berm to change targets,maybe they will change that.The awards dinner was great I don't think you can compare that to the experience at Jackson for the last few years.I didn't miss standing in line only to have the food run out as I was getting close and having to sit in the floor because there werent enough seats.
The range personnel were very polite and helpful,we had a great time.

bpa5150
(no login)

Nationals

No score for this post
October 20 2006, 10:58 AM 

We had a great time. Sure, there are a few things that can be improved upon. It was a first year effort put together in a short time. From what I've heard, the facilities were far superior to what they had in Jackson the first year.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement