<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Unregistered Member
(Login SteveDail)

Speaking of John Pride's video

No score for this post
January 2 2008, 9:22 PM 

I loaned my copy to one of you (CPPA members) years ago. Anyone want to confess who has it? Anyway, I saw John shoot a near perfect 1500 (1499 - 100 something X)at the California Police Summer Games (Modesto, CA, I think). Of course, being a fairly new shooter at that time, and easily impressed, I asked John, "HOW" do you shoot like that???? His answer????

" I DON'T SHOOT MANY NINES"

So Ken, buy the video, watch it SEVERAL times (Don't loan it to anybody), go out there, and, " Don't shoot many nines".

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: Speaking of John Pride's video

No score for this post
January 3 2014, 8:22 PM 

I got the video it's awesome

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
March 25 2015, 11:37 PM 

This video is on YouTube

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
September 20 2015, 9:58 AM 

Winning PPC is on YouTube

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
November 17 2015, 4:17 PM 

Bump

Unregistered Member
(Login nwoppc)

Kris

No score for this post
January 7 2016, 6:24 PM 

Bunp

Tony60
(Login Tony1960)

50 yard help

No score for this post
January 5 2014, 4:30 AM 

Hey guys, looks like help comes from all sorts of strange places. I have just received the DVD your after. It is still listed on this website for US419.95.

http://gunvideo.com, just put PPC in the search and it will come up.

It won't give you the golden answers you are after, but John says a lot of stuff that I have been doing for too many years now. It's all good and if you put into practice, it does work.

Good luck.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: 50 yard help

No score for this post
January 6 2014, 9:04 AM 

I bought mine from there last year and it was here quite quickly

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: 50 yard help

No score for this post
June 3 2014, 10:55 PM 

Bump

Moose
(Login TampaLeo)

Re: 50 Yard Help

No score for this post
July 12 2015, 7:05 PM 

If it was shooting a match 3 224 in practice I would be thrilled. I suck at that range so sorry I can't help. I would love to know how to get there. I'm saying its my lack of flexibility from the seated and prone. Good luck.

Maik
(Login mopper72)

what helped me

No score for this post
September 22 2015, 8:47 AM 

here a few things that helped me to get over 230 in Match 3:

1. discover what postition works best and what works worst.
Compare them: what is the difference?
My left hand shots are much better then with right hand. Why? I think I'm to sure to get the 10 with my strong hand. So I concentrated more on right hand.

2. are you able to say where the shot is on the target without spotting?
If not: you are not focusing on the sight.
You have to focus your sights. Don't think about the target. Try it.

3. Spotting: I bought an "old" Full-HD Camcorder with display and a good zoom. Choose mount and place so you can see any hit on the target only by moving your eyes on the screen.

4. Don't train a couple of guns/disciplines at the same time, e.g. IDPA and PPC.

5. Don't train that what you perfectly are able to do. I know its easier to train the stages that are full house in 9 of 10 cases than a stage whre you're shooting 15 down. If do not longer want to shoot 15 down > train that.

6. don't train once a month with 1.000 rounds. Train 2 days a week with 48 rounds.

7. don't change more than 1 circumstance per training. Otherwise you are not able to figure out what hepled and what not.

8. think of what you have done.

9. write down what you have done and what has changed.

10. alway have fun. If you don't have fun, you never will be good.

All what I wrote is not new, everyone of you heard it before.
Try out for yourself what helps.

Best regards
Maik

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: what helped me

No score for this post
April 17 2016, 10:30 PM 

Ttt

Cain
(Login Hawaii.MIL)

Re: what helped me

No score for this post
September 21 2016, 4:32 PM 

My first NPSC and I must say if it weren't for those who have coached along the way I probably wouldn't be here.

A lot of great advice from a lot of great people.

Writing down your notes helps for reference.

I label my pages like:

Production 320 Atlanta AMU

And list all my adjustments at ranges

Keeping notes is a good reference as you can place it right beside you as your shooting.

I was told Border Patrol arrives 2 weeks in advance of PPC just to log their stats.

8am hold
9am hold
10am hold

Etc

What I've noticed, just incase you don't already, is the sun position. The sun to my back/right was placing my shots left at the 7. With 2 clicks to the right I was on at the 15 and 25.

Everything I threw out was on me.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement