<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Which Front Sight for 686

January 22 2007 at 9:11 AM
No score for this post
Ken Smith from PA  (no login)

I have a older 4" 686M that I plan on sending to S&W. I'm going to have them swap out the 4" for a 6" barrel with the removable front sight. I want a patridge style front sight and want to use a neck hold at 25 yards.

First, is this modification allowed for Distinguished Matches? I'm thinking that if its all factory work and current parts is has to be ok...right?

Second, which height front sight blade will be best suited to give me a neck hold at 25, and 50 but still have enough range to click down to center hold for 7 and 15? Wondering now if I'll need a new rear blade too?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Ken

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Which Front Sight for 686

No score for this post
January 22 2007, 9:32 AM 

I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO USE NECK HOLD AT 25YDS FOR DISTINGUISHED.THE TALLEST FACTORY FRONT SIGHT IS .310 (IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY). GUYS HAVE PUT TALLER HOMEMADE FRONT SIGHTS ON BUT THE NRA JUDGES HAVE A GUAGE AND THEY HAVE BE DIQUAILIFIED AT MATCHES. JP

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement