<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Duty Revolver Help

March 24 2007 at 1:19 AM
No score for this post

Chuck D  (Login cdscrj)

Hi:

I'm interested in competing in duty gun class with my 4 inch 686. Would anyone be willing to share with me their choice of gun/holster/sight and ammo combinations ?

Looking to lessen the "learning curve" and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you !

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mike
(no login)

Duty Gun

No score for this post
March 25 2007, 7:36 AM 

You can't do too much to a duty gun. It has to be almost stock. You can change the grips, and have some action work done, but not much else. I think a post front sight is a big help.

I use an old Border Patrol Jordan holster. Most guys just use their PPC rev. holster. Anything that keeps it from falling on the ground, and lets you get it out without a lot of effort will do fine. You can find used police duty Rev. holsters on ebay for $5-10.

The ammo has to be 158 grain semi-wads. Talk to 10 shooters, and you'll get 10 different ammo choices. My suggestion is a trial and error approach. Find what is affordable, see if you can hit anything with it, and go from there. If you are an ammo reloader, I have no suggestions. I haven't used my reloading press in 20 years. Anyone want it? Lee progressive.

The 686 is a good gun, I'm sure you'll do well with it.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement