<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

S&W PPC9 6" vs. STI TargetMaster

May 2 2007 at 4:11 PM
No score for this post
Jabbaman  (Login jabbaman)

I'd like to get advice on the comparison between the S&W PPC 9 in 6" versus STI TargetMaster in terms of accuracy, price, success/horror stories amongst PPC shooters. I have small/medium size hands.

And what would you choose between these two for PPC1500 and Dist. Semi?

Thank you!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: S&W PPC9 6" vs. STI TargetMaster

No score for this post
May 3 2007, 11:28 AM 

NOT THE ANSWER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR; BUT I WOULD GET A ROCK RIVER 9MM . MY 6" ROCK RIVER WILL PLACE 24SHOTS INTO 1.25" AT 50 YD. THIS IS NOT A TARGET THAT CAME WITH THE GUN. I FIRED THIS FROM MY OWN RANSOM REST. IF YOU MUST CHOOSE BETWEEN THE 2 I WOULD GET THE S&W. JP

Doug
(no login)

9mm

No score for this post
May 4 2007, 11:50 PM 

I own a 6" S&W PPC 9. I do not have access to a ransom rest but off sand bags the gun will shoot all X's at the 25 and all 10's at the 50. I am not as proficient with the semi as the revolver but it is the most impressive firearm I own. I have small hands but the S&W grip is not an issue. Many times I have bought guns and wished I had gotten something else. I would happily buy another S&W PPC 9. When you order the S&W you don't have to ask for any extras. The guns comes match ready with tri-set aristocrat sights, beveled mag well, checkered front strap, extended magazine release and a good smooth light trigger. The PPC 9 is also about half the price as the STI gun. It may be hard to tell, but I kinda like the S&W.

GOOD LUCK!!

Jabbaman
(no login)

STI TargetMaster 9mm

No score for this post
May 5 2007, 1:58 AM 

Thanks Doug. The MSRP for the STI is $1440. I don't know what it is for the S&W PPC9 6".

Doug
(no login)

$$$$$

No score for this post
May 5 2007, 11:30 PM 

Well, I owe you an apology, I did not know the STI was that affordable. The S&W PPC 9 is about the same price.

joe
(no login)

Re: $$$$$

No score for this post
May 8 2007, 9:34 PM 

Jabbaman, be aware if you want to use the pistol for both the distinguished and semiauto 1500 the barrel can not be longer than 5.5 inches for the distinguished match.

Jabbaman
(no login)

5.5" barrel

No score for this post
May 10 2007, 11:56 PM 

Apparently the rules in Canada for CPCA have changed so one can shoot both categories (1500 and dist.) with one gun. The barrel can be up to 6" and sight radius of 8.5" max, or 7.5" max for a 5" barrel. I am still awaiting confirmation from the chief referee. I wonder if NRA PPC rules are the same as CPCA rules in Canada.

PPCken
(no login)

Re: 5.5" barrel

No score for this post
May 11 2007, 1:34 PM 

Last time I checked the rules (like right now) USA PPC rules state that the Distinguished Pistol barrel length may NOT exceed 5". Rules for Stock Semi-auto Pistol allow a barrel length of 5.5". Soooooo, you might be able to use your "stock" pistol as a Distinguished Pistol and can certainly use it in the 1500 (although it will not shoot worth a darn at 50 yards), and you probably can use your Distinguished Pistol for 1500 competition if you only want to buy/use one gun. Seems USA/Canada rules are different.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement