<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

GOT A SOB STORY? LET'S HEAR IT.

May 28 2007 at 2:06 AM
No score for this post
DON  (no login)

WELL HERE'S MINE. I'VE MOVED UP TO THE EXPERT CLASS AND HAVE BEEN STUCK AT 1460-1465 FOR A WHILE. I RECENTLY MADE A FEW CHANGES IN MY GRIP AND HAVE STARTED SHOOTING SOME SCORES UP TO 1475. I HAD A MATCH LAST WEEK AND COULD NOT WAIT TO SEE MY HIGHER SCORES AND THE RESULTS OF MY PRACTICE. THE MATCH STARTED AND ALL WAS WELL. I SHOT 240 IN MATCH ONE, 180 IN MATCH TWO, AND 234 IN MATCH THREE. I'M ONLY 6 POINTS DOWN AT THIS TIME AND 1475 IS MY PREVIOUS BEST. I NORMALLY SHOOT 236-238 IN MATCH 4. WELL, MATCH 4 STARTS AND THE FIRST 12 FIND THE 10 RING. I'M REALLY EXCITED BY NOW AND DURING THE SECOND STRING I AM LOOKING AT THE TARGET EVERY COUPLE OF SHOTS TO CHECK IF I'M STILL CLEAN. SURE ENOUGH,EVERY ROUND I FIRED IN MATCH 4 WAS INSIDE THE 10 RING, BUT THE TARGETS TURNED BEFORE I FIRED NUMBER 24. THERE WERE ALOT OF HOLES IN THE 10 RING AND I PROBABLY COULD HAVE DUMPED MY ROUNDS ON THE GROUND AND BEEN GIVEN CREDIT FOR 24 HITS, BUT I COULDN'T DO IT. I TOLD THE SHOOTER SCORING MY TARGET AND MATCH 4 WAS SCORED AT 230. I WAS DEVISTATED BUT RECOUPED FOR A 593 MATCH 5 AND A NEW PERSONAL BEST OF 1477. I'VE ONLY ASKED MYSELF 1000 TIMES WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN IF I HAD SHOT THE MATCH ONE ROUND AT A TIME. THE SILVER LINING WAS THAT MY SCORE WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN THE MATCH, A TROPHY AND A NEW STRION FLASHLIGHT TO BOOT. IF I WOULD HAVE TURNED A 1487, THE RESULTS WOULD HAVE BEEN THE SAME EXCEPT I WOULD HAVE BEEN A CHEATER. I WAS PROUD TO TURN IN MY SCORE WITH ONE ROUND MISSING BECAUSE WITHOUT INTEGRITY, WE ARE NO BETTER THAN THE CRIMINALS WE ARREST DURING OUR SHIFT.

I KNOW EVERYBODY WHO SHOOTS IN MATCHES HAS A SAD STORY TO TELL. MANY OF US WHO ARE SCREW-UPS NEED TO KNOW THAT WE AREN'T THE ONLY ONES. SO, COME ON GUYS LETS HEAR IT. AND YES, THAT MEANS YOU.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
alan
(Login xgrunt)

Looking at target

No score for this post
May 29 2007, 8:42 AM 

Don, my congratulations on your score - better than anything I anticipate shooting. I totally agree with you re honesty in scoring.
I'm probably teaching you how to suck eggs here, but it seems to me you broke one of the most basic rules in pistol shooting - you always, ALWAYS keep your eyes on your foresight and check the target afterwards.
And yes, I'm an offender in this respect, also!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement