<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Need help identifying PPC pistol - with pics

November 10 2007 at 3:46 PM
No score for this post
Tony  (Login stonleywave)

I have in my possession a S&W Model 19-5 pistol. The odd part is that is has a square, heavy barrel with "E. HOUSE 5-83" stamped on the bottom of it. The cylinder has been chamfered for speed loads and the trigger is is about 2 lbs. SA and 4-5 lbs double action. I was wondering if anyone could help me identify what's up with the square barrel with the E. HOUSE stamp. Was he some sort of custom pistol smith or was this an add-on one could purchase from a catalog?

Here are pictures:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Steve Dail
(no login)

Your gun picture

No score for this post
December 27 2007, 3:52 PM 

If you are LE, I would run serial number of weapon, maybe one of the owners was e.house. That would give you a start. With date on bbl, I would guess thats the date he installed it on that frame, possibly to monitor age of bbl and rounds through it. Let me know if that (or I can) help(s).

RDSSA
(Login RDSSA)

Re: Need help identifying PPC pistol - with pics

No score for this post
January 30 2008, 11:13 PM 

I would agree that this barrel was probably installed by someone other than S&W. The name and date could be date of the barrel replacement and the gunsmiths, or a previous owners name. I have never see a barrel quite like this. An experiment perhaps? One thing about it, it sure is an ugly mother.

Jim
(no login)

The 4 incher

No score for this post
March 26 2008, 9:45 PM 

That gun looks like it was made for "service" matches where the revolver must be under 4 inches in length. The service match isn't however to be confused with a distinguished match. I would guess that E. House would be the smith's name and that it won't be in the gun's history, you could call places like power custom and ask Ron Powers if he knows of anyone who used to make PPC guns by that name.

marc cobb
(no login)

raw ppc gun

No score for this post
April 7 2008, 6:56 PM 

There used to be a ppc shooter named ED House, I think from Oklahoma(could be wrong on location , he may have ventured into building a gun or two, I'll check old nationals results and get back to you

JP EASON
(no login)

LONDON WHO NEEDS PERMITS!

No score for this post
July 1 2008, 10:26 PM 

If Marc Cobb has info for you be careful,I watched him in action in a London Pub giving tips on P.P.C. in the late 80's and we almost didn't get out of there alive! Also don't lit him tell you you don't need gun permits to get into London either!

Mike
(no login)

House

No score for this post
July 3 2008, 6:47 AM 

There was a good PPC shooter from Albany, NY named House. I can't remember his first name. He was Albany PD I think.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement