<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Getting Started

January 1 2008 at 10:16 AM
No score for this post
Ron  (Login RFarr)

I would like to give PPC competition a try but I'm not sure what type of revolver to buy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Steve
(no login)

Re: Getting Started

No score for this post
January 2 2008, 5:19 PM 

Ron,

I started several years ago with a duty issue 4 inch revolver. If you can shoot well with that, you'll love a 6 inch "race gun". I built my fist one out of a S&W 586 frame (because my issue revolver was a 686, I already had several speedloaders). I bought a douglas slab-side barrel and aristocrat 3 position sight from Brownell's catalog. Houge grips, followed by Bill Davis Grips, an extended cylinder release, and I was ready to go. All leather, ammo trays, and shooting box came from Safariland.

After shooting in the California Police Summer games, I met many of the CPPA members, and after shooting in many of their matches over the course of the next few years, I became a life member.

I hope this info helps. If I can answer any specific questions, let me know. Good luck!

Ron
(Login RFarr)

Getting Started

No score for this post
January 3 2008, 5:27 AM 

Thank You Steve...I'm leaning toward a 686 with a 6" barrel. From what I've been able to find on different sites that seems to be a reasonable way to start. Your reply was VERY helpful.

Ron

Walt
(no login)

CPPA Membership

No score for this post
January 26 2008, 9:57 PM 

Steve, I too am a life member of CPPA and NRA. I now live in VA but remain in contact with the SAC Northern Rep. Did you make the Gov 20?
Walt

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: CPPA Membership

No score for this post
January 24 2014, 7:39 PM 

Bump

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement