<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Civilian Shooters Allowed?

January 31 2008 at 12:21 AM
No score for this post
RDSSA  (Login RDSSA)

Are there many PPC matches held in the U.S. that civilians are allowed to compete at. I live in Canada and have shot PPC for about 20 years. Up here civilians have shot alongside law enforcement personel, for years. Our National Body the Canadian Police Combat Asso. have allowed civilian members for several years. Civilians had to be sponsered by a Peace Officer at one time to join, but not anymore. Civilian members have associate memberships in the CPCA, no voting rights, but there are civilian Reps, on the CPCA board so civilians have some input. Just wondering.

This message has been edited by policepistol on Jan 31, 2008 5:30 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Gravity
(Login policepistol)
Owner

Re: Untitled

No score for this post
January 31 2008, 5:28 PM 

I know there are a few Agency matches that allow civilian shooters to compete with match director approval. Basically they want to speak with you/ make sure your ok safety wise before they give you the go ahead.
Chautauqua County Sheriff's Pistol matches allow civilian shooters with match directors approval. They are located in Mayville, NY about 1 hour from Canada/Buffalo area. They hold matches in May/June & August.

David
(Login dama377)

No score for this post
January 31 2008, 9:45 PM 

There are several PPC matches available in Michigan and are open to civilian shooters and to a couple of good Canadians. Go to http://www.mpcpa.org/ and check out the shooting schedule.

PPC ken
(no login)

No score for this post
February 1 2008, 11:31 AM 

If you want to see "our" Rocky Mountains and the Southwest US you have a great opportunity and,hopefully,will enjoy the PPC Rocky Mountain Nationals at NRA's Whittington Center (Raton, New Mexico) July 9-12, 2008. Four full days of shooting (alternates Revolver - Pistol)with open, team, duty, off-duty, and Distinguished guns - and a side shotgun match. The match is preceeded by 2 days of practice. Six full days of PPC shooting!! Check out the NRA's web-site for contact info on this match. I know it is a long way to come for you, but you will not be disappointed. BTW congratulations on your sanctioning bodies being opened minded enough to allow civilians to compete. I am a civilian and have shot in the RM Nationals (which welcomes civilians) the past three years - have met a lot of friendly helpful fellow shooters - and have never felt less than a fellow competitor. Now if NRA would just open the doors for civilians to shoot (in a separate class??)in the NPSC in the fall!

Also, there have been side matches every day for small children (BB guns)and noncompetitors (older children, wives/girlfriends, hangers-on) with firearms.

George
(no login)

No score for this post
February 2 2008, 7:45 AM 

Are foreign civilian shooters allowed at the Rocky Mountain Nationals? PPC is becoming more and more popular here in Sweden and it has been my main event for the last three years. I know that our German friends went last year and it would be great fun to participate. I browsed the NRA web site but could not find any contact info. Do you have a link?

/George

PPC ken
(no login)

No score for this post
February 3 2008, 9:48 AM 

In the past civilians have been invited to participate - probably will be the same this year. If your German friends went last year, I see no reason why you could not shoot also. The contact for this event is Mr. Robert Butler- try one of the following to contact him:

robert.c.butler@dhs.gov (work email)
butlerra@gvtc.com (home email)
1-210-885-7230 (work phone)

If you do come, please find me and stop and say hello. ken

George
(no login)

No score for this post
February 3 2008, 1:03 PM 

Thanks a lot Ken,

I was a little wrong in my first post, the Germans went to NSPC last year (most of them are police officers). I'll contact Mr Butler to check if I can participate. Then comes the tougher task; convincing the family that six days on a shooting range across the globe is a great holiday .

PPC Ken
(no login)

No score for this post
February 3 2008, 8:20 PM 

George - go to the Whittington Center Website (www.nrawc.org) and just take a look at the country - that's a vacation all by itself!! But don't stop there, if you have not been to the US before, take the time and see our country. We're not like what the press makes us out to be - we actually like people and are pretty easy to get along with. Hope you can make it. ken

Steve
(Login aussie52)

Comming next year

No score for this post
October 19 2015, 8:54 PM 

Hi guys,
My wife and I are coming over from Australia next year for the Canadian champs and hoping to link up with your shoot, sounds like a great week. We have 5 shooters interested in going , still putting things together with the Canadians at the moment. Cheers

Moonclip
(Login moonclip)

PPC in Chautauqua Co.

Score 4.0 (1 person)
February 13 2008, 6:19 PM 

Gravity.
Can you get me more information on the PPC matches in Mayville, NY? PPC has been gone in our area since the late 1970's and we would love to shoot it again.
Thank you.
Moonclip.

Gravity
(Login policepistol)
Owner

Re: PPC in Chautauqua Co.

Score 5.0 (1 person)
February 13 2008, 6:23 PM 

We should get the dates pretty soon and I will post here.

moonclip
(Login moonclip)

Chautauqua Co. PPC matches

No score for this post
April 13 2008, 10:28 AM 

Gravity.

Do they have dates for the ppc matches yet?

Thanks.

Gravity
(Login policepistol)
Owner

Re: Chautauqua Co. PPC matches

No score for this post
April 14 2008, 3:05 PM 

June 4th 10AM -4PM will be in Jamestown NY with dinner afterwards.
Stillwater NY range
$15 for all shooters.

moonclip
(no login)

Re: Chautauqua Co. PPC matches

No score for this post
April 14 2008, 11:37 PM 

We need directions to the range. Also, do we need to pre register?
Thank you.

Moonclip
(no login)

Date question

No score for this post
April 15 2008, 6:29 PM 

June 4th is a Wednesday. If this is correct we will take a day off from work
but we do need to verify.

Thank you.

Gravity
(Login policepistol)
Owner

Re: Date question

No score for this post
April 16 2008, 12:03 PM 

Yes. All matches throughout the summer here are on Wednesdays.
The clubs info is:
Jamestown Rifle & Pistol Club Inc
Busti-Stillwater Rd
Jamestown, NY 14701
(716) 487-1504
If I can locate a flyer I will scan and post/email.
10AM til 5PM shooting with awards banquet afterwards.

moonclip
(no login)

Re: Date question

No score for this post
April 17 2008, 10:04 AM 

Gravity.
Thank you. We (3) are planing on shooting. The other 2 are retired LE.

Moonclip

moonclip
(no login)

Jamestown Rifle Club

No score for this post
May 18 2008, 12:24 PM 

We are coming down on the 4th. Once we find Busti-Stillwater rd. is the club easy to find?

Thanks.

VTMigra
(no login)

Non-LEO Shooters

No score for this post
April 25 2008, 11:25 AM 

Non-Law Enforcement Shooters are welcome in our Vermont matches. Visit our site for 2008 schedule: www.vtppc.com We are also shooting a conventional pistol match after the PPC is completed. Both the PPC and Conventional pistol are NRA approved matches.

moonclip
(no login)

Re: Non-LEO Shooters

No score for this post
May 30 2008, 9:58 PM 

Gravity.
We are coming to Jamestown on June 4th, we should arrive around 9:30-10 am. Is it ok to shoot both auto and revolver?

Thanks.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement