<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Glasses Fogging Up

March 9 2008 at 8:32 PM
No score for this post
Winder  (no login)

Hoping to squeeze a few more points out of my shooting this year. Having my glasses fog up definitely costs me points. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to prevent this. Do the wipes work or pre-coated lenses? Thanks.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
PPC in CA
(no login)

Re: Glasses Fogging Up

No score for this post
March 10 2008, 4:50 PM 

Move to CA where there is no humidity!!!

Winder
(no login)

No score for this post
March 11 2008, 5:39 PM 

No thanks, NY is bad enough.

Marc Cobb
(no login)

fogging

No score for this post
April 7 2008, 7:05 PM 

birchwood casey makes a good anti fog in a pump spray,you have to reapply before each session. worked for me in Mississippi, home of humidity

sapper101
(no login)

No score for this post
December 22 2008, 11:02 AM 

Here is a trick that I use. Buy a bar of glycerine soap from Walgreens or your local store. Cut chunks of it into a small 35mm film container (for those that don't know what this is...this is what was used before digital photography). Place the container in the microwave for a short duration and it will melt the chunks into a mass. Now, you simply moisten your finger with water or saliva, rub them on the soap, and then rub that on the glasses. It is important to let the THIN film of glycerine soap dry. You dont need a thick layer, thinner is better. As soon as it dries, wipe it off with a soft cotton towel (cotton diaper clothes work great). Do not use a paper towel. This technique is quick and works. You can literally do it between stages if necessary.

CHP PPC
(no login)

Seeing thru the haze...

No score for this post
April 4 2009, 2:22 PM 

Check any scuba shop/web site and you can find "Sea Drops." They work for scuba masks, ski goggles, and any eyewear. It works great and lasts long.

Unregistered Member
(Login ppchaklin)

Anti fog on glasses

No score for this post
June 29 2011, 5:05 AM 

Ordinary shawing foam works wunderful! Test it on half your bathroom mirror and take at hot shower!
You will be surprised.
Regards HÃ¥kan

Unregistered Member
(no login)

solution

No score for this post
June 29 2011, 5:48 PM 

I have shooting glasses that does not fog up. email me if your interested. cbpokim@gmail.com

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement