<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Sight settings

April 18 2008 at 9:56 AM
No score for this post
Captain Dave Funk  (Login F224)

Hi Guys, I'm new to the PPC game and just picked up a Bomar Aristocrat rib. How do you adjust this thing properly? It has the 1-2-3 screw on the right side and the three allen screws on the top.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
ppc Ken
(no login)

Re: Sight settings

No score for this post
April 18 2008, 2:26 PM 

The set screws correspond to the three-position knob on the side. Typically (for PPC at least) you put the side knob on the #1 setting - then turn the #1 top set screw up/down until you are hitting the X ring at 7 and 15 yards - probably with a center mass hold. Then the knob is moved to the #2 setting and the #2 set screw is turned up/down until you are hitting the X ring WITH A NECK HOLD at 25 yards (some shooters use a center mass hold at 25, so you want to make your adjustments accordingly - whichever works best for you). Finally move to the #3 knob setting and adjust the #3 set screw for an X ring hit at 50 yards WITH A NECK HOLD. Bottom line - there are three different sight adjustments you can make for whatever distances/courses of fire that you want. Pretty neat little gadget, isn't it? Good luck, ken

Unregistered Member
(Login F224)

No score for this post
April 26 2008, 3:58 PM 

Thanks for the info on sight adjustment. I just shot my first 1500 this morning and considering that the sights were not zeroed in for me, I did not do too badly.

For then next match, it will be new grips, properly zeroed sights and about 1500 rounds of practice in the next month.

PPC ken
(no login)

No score for this post
April 27 2008, 1:16 PM 

What part of the country are you shooting in? Good luck at the next match. ken

Captain Dave Funk
(Login F224)

No score for this post
June 2 2008, 9:53 PM 

Ken:

I'm shooting in the Iowa Police Combat League.

Thanks again for the help.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
January 24 2014, 6:53 PM 

Bump

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement