<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Rules Question

July 5 2008 at 11:18 AM
No score for this post
Winder  (no login)

If I were to shoot a smaller version of a full size pistol (Glock 27/Glock 22, Para P12/P14, H&K P2000/2000SK) would it be a violation of the rules to use the larger mags in the smaller gun? They would stick out some but I don't know if this would be considered a modification or prohibited replacement part. It would save me from carrying a bunch of extra mags. Thanks.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
J.P.EASON
(no login)

RULES

No score for this post
July 5 2008, 10:12 PM 

Magazines can only be loaded with six rounds by rule.So number of magazines required will depend on number needed, i.e.match 3 would require 4 magazines each loaded with 6 rounds to equal 24 rounds fired.

Winder
(no login)

Re: RULES

No score for this post
July 6 2008, 3:24 PM 

10/4 on that J.P. just thinking that I can tote less mags to and from the match itself (i.e. 6-8 Glock 17 mags rather than 6-8 Glock 17 and 6-8 Glock 26)

Unregistered Member
(Login LR45)

Re: Rules Question

No score for this post
October 20 2008, 12:06 PM 

I used a Glock model 27 at the Nationals in 2004. I had only two G-27 mags and two G-22 mags. No refs dinged me for having the longer magazines. You can only load six. I couldn't lay my hands on my rule book this morning,so this is only personal experience.
If you do not have a current rule book, get one. If that soesn't address your question, email or call the NRA LE activites division for more info.

jab3202
(no login)

No score for this post
January 21 2009, 1:01 PM 

I got dinged by Hemphill with a 27. 3 factory mags and 2 extended with the grip extender

Winder
(no login)

No score for this post
January 25 2009, 8:53 PM 

Understood that grip extenders/finger rests are not allowed but I'm looking for an answer on larger mags that will stick out the bottom. Posed the question to Patty Zollman at NRA Law Enf division a while ago. She had answered a question for me last year but she informs me that she has taken a new position. She forwarded my question to a Marc Lipp but I have yet to hear back. Thanks.

Unregistered Member
(no login)

No score for this post
January 27 2009, 1:17 PM 

NO SURPRISE MARC LIPP HAS NOT GOTTEN BACK TO YOU. HE'S VERY UNRESPONSIVE. NOTHING BUT NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT HIM.

joe
(Login sgtsluggo2)

No score for this post
February 3 2009, 8:30 PM 

Winder,

The rule that covers this is rule 3.18 NRA Police Pistol Combat Rules.The extended magazines tend to facilitate better shooting by giving the competitor more to grip.The intent of this match is to compete with a pistol that will be carried for back up purposes and normally carried concealed.The longer magazines would make it more difficult to conceal and would be contrary to the spirit of the rules and regulations.

For everyones information, the rule books are online now at the NRA web site.You have to click on the competitive shooting part, not the law enforcement part, and several different rule books are posted there including PPC.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement