<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

NPSC - Jackson again!?

July 20 2008 at 12:30 AM
No score for this post
Doug  (no login)

It looks like the NRA has done another good deed. As a result of higher fuel costs they have cut match fees almost in half for Nationals this year. They have also waived ALL match fees for new shooters. I've always been told not to look a gift-horse in the mouth but I have to wonder if this was done because of travel expenses or because participation at Nationals has dwindled since moving to Albuquerque. What do yall think? In the end, if a cut in match fees helps the sport to grow and makes it stronger - it is still a good deed.

I know that the NRA has a contract with Albuquerque at least thru 2010 but I'm hoping for a more central location in the future. I'd like to see it go back to Jackson, but that's just me being selfish. Jackson is only 90 miles from home. Seriously, I think a more central location would increase attendance. I know you've got an opinion, let's hear it.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JB Custom Leather
(no login)

Nationals location

No score for this post
July 24 2008, 11:19 AM 

There is no doubt PPC is on the decline, unfortunately!
The move to Alburqueque just helped it go into more of a decline for many who have attended these matches over the years along with no new young shooters getting into the game.
I am with you, a move to a more central location would have been a much wiser move on their part. Memphis bid for it and that would have been a much better location. And keeping it in Jackson would have been better. Even with the fee cuts I do not expect any significant increase in shooters until it is out of this location. In fact you may even see less people then 08 show up. I know I am done along with others from my area that used to attend. I spent 30 years going to Jackson and DesMoines.
I just came back from a Regional in Iowa and we only had 24 max show up and that was the last day. What does that say about PPC? Many of the older shooters are getting out and with no new ones to take their place, down is the only direction for this shooting A lot of the new officers have never shot or owned a revolver.
They get no support, or sponsorship from their departments and are not about to spend this money out of their own pockets,and with the economy and cost of things going crazy cant blame them.
This is my opinion and of course everyone has one like other things.

PPC ken
(no login)

Re: Nationals location

No score for this post
July 29 2008, 3:59 PM 

PPC is not dead - only the NRA. Here goes my broken record again - shot in two PPC matches in the Kansas City area in July - had 18 and 20 shooters respectively and, with the exception of ONE (1) Federal LE officer, ALL WERE CIVILIANS!! Is someone getting the message??? Civilians will shoot PPC at the NPSC is we are given the chance. Until then I will shoot at the local level and at matches where we are welcomed - like the Rocky Mountain Nationals at Whittington Center - Thank you Robert Butler, Gina Hernandez, et al. ken

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement