<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Bill Davis model 65-3 value?

July 21 2008 at 9:51 PM
No score for this post
deadwt  (Login deadwt)

I have this S&W model 65-3 that’s a “Bill Davis Wind master”. I know it’s for PPC, my dad used it in the nationals a few years back. I’m not interested in selling it. I’d just like to know the approx. value. I can’t seem to fine much info about Bill Davis other than he was big in the 70s for handgun conversions. Can anyone help me with this?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JP EASON
(no login)

Re: Bill Davis model 65-3 value?

Average Score 3.5 (2 people)
September 3 2008, 7:49 PM 

YOUR BILL DAVIS WINDMASTER WAS BRAIN STORMED ON A COCKTAIL NAPKIN IN DES MOINES IOWA AT NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS MID 80'S,BY KERRY FREEMAN(MASTER GUNSMITH W/BILL DAVIS)SAM YARRISH(U.S.SECRET SERVICE SUPER SHOOTER) AND MYSELF. IT WAS THE RESULT OF HIGH WINDS AND BLOWING RAIN THAT YEAR(AND SEVERAL OTHER YEARS)THAT CAUSED THE GUN AND SHOOTER TO BE EFFECTED BY THE WIND.THE IDEA WAS TO REMOVE AS MUCH FLAT SURFACE AREA AS POSSIBLE AND BALL CUT (ROUND CUT) AS MUCH MATERIAL AS POSSIBLE SO WIND WOULD FLOW AROUND BARREL INSTEAD OF PUSHING IT. WORKED PRETTY GOOD!BILL AND I WON NATIONAL AND WORLD TEAM MATCH'S WITH WINDMASTERS IN 1987 IN DES MOINES.THE CURRENT COST TO BUILD A WINDMASTER IS AROUND 1300.00 DEPENDING ON OPTIONS, ON YOUR FRAME.I WORKED FOR BILL DAVIS UNTIL 1990 AS MANAGER,BILL CLOSED SHOP IN 1991. JP

Admin
(Login policepistol)
Owner

Re: Bill Davis model 65-3 value?

No score for this post
September 5 2008, 3:51 PM 

JP,
It's nice to see someone of your skills and history on the board sharing information for us.
Thank you.

Ron

This message has been edited by policepistol on Sep 5, 2008 3:52 PM

Dan Van
(no login)

DAVIS PPC PISTOL

No score for this post
September 9 2008, 10:11 PM 

I saw your message and thought I would respond. I have a Davis PPC pistol with Aristocrat sights, slab barrel, with bobbed hammer. It is absolutely mint. .38 special caliber and is "dead nuts" accurate. Please let me know what it's worth. I also have the Davis holster and 5 speed loaders.

Thanks,
Dan

JP EASON
(no login)

DAVIS PPC.REVOLVER

No score for this post
September 11 2008, 6:18 PM 

Dan
Your Davis Revolver sounds like a Grade 3 slab side.Does it have a 4 oz.weight that attaches under barrel with two screws? If so it's a grade 3, if not it's a grade 2. These guns are selling used for around 500.00 to 1000.00 depending on condition for a grade 3, a little less for a grade 2.To build a new grade three is around 900.00 on your frame.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement