<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Montana Gold bullets

July 31 2008 at 1:37 PM
No score for this post
PPC Ken  (no login)

Anyone out there have experience with the Montana Gold 9mm 115gr. JHP. I am having trouble with them "holding together - grouping" at 50 yards. The price is right and I am trying to get these to work in my 6" pistol. Any help will be appreciated - thanks, ken

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Unregistered Member
(no login)

Re: Montana Gold bullets

No score for this post
July 31 2008, 10:06 PM 

I TRIED THEM. BEST GROUP WAS 2.5" AT 50YDS.
115XTP WILL GO 1"-1.25" AT 50.

Kim M. Beckwith
(no login)

Zero 115

No score for this post
October 20 2009, 11:03 AM 

I started shooting PPC in 1979 and shot through the years in Des Moines. I shot a couple of years at Jackson. Then recieved my first invite to the Bianchi Cup, been there ever since. Try Zero Ammunitions 115, I think you will be supprised!!!! I acutally us the 125 JHP in action pistol and can regular get group of 1 1/2 inches at 50yrds.

PPC ken
(no login)

Re: Zero 115

No score for this post
October 20 2009, 2:31 PM 

Thanks for the help. Actually, I have been using 115 JHP Zeros since mid- summer in my Bob Marvel 9mm and have been very impressed. Was using Hornady's 121 HAP until they became unavailable and overpriced!! Also, have been trying the 125 JHP Zeros in my 38's now that NRA has dropped the required 158 lead bullets in Duty and Undercover revolvers (but not in Distinguished revolver)and these have impressed me also - plus the gun stays much cleaner. ken

Kim M. Beckwith
(no login)

125 Zero JHP

No score for this post
October 20 2009, 3:42 PM 

I am sure you know this, but just in case you don't! Don't us jacketed bulletts in k frame smith & wessons. The forcing cone will not take the abuse of the JHP.

Unregistered Member
(no login)

125 jhp

No score for this post
October 22 2009, 9:07 PM 

Do you use the .355 or .356 125jhp from zero?

PPC Ken
(no login)

Re: 125 jhp

No score for this post
October 27 2009, 3:55 PM 

I use the 125gr. JHP (# R-102A) which is .357" in the 38's. I use the 115 JHP (# R-125A) which is .355" in the 9mm. I don't think the 125gr. shoots any better at 25yards than the Precision Delta 148 HBWC that I have been using forever - not sure at 50 as I was just starting to work on loads, etc. when bad weather set in. Also, I do not have a Ransom rest to use for ultimate accuracy. Big plus with the jacketed bullets is the cleaner gun. Still working................ Will post more later.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: 125 jhp

No score for this post
January 22 2016, 9:38 AM 

Bp

JB
(Login x-cop)

Montana Gold

No score for this post
January 22 2016, 11:12 AM 

See my email

AHBK
(Login AHBK)

Montana Gold

No score for this post
January 24 2016, 12:48 PM 

The better shooters I shoot with swear by the MG115's. Myself I like the 124's. As far as accuracy what hand gun are you using and what is your load?

Are you Ken from Pa?

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement