<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Fred's gun shop mechanicville VA

November 7 2008 at 9:29 PM
No score for this post
Unregistered Member  (Login highpowerpaul)

I'm looking for info on a PPC pistol created by Fred's gun shop mechanicville VA

I'm interested in any details, worth, etc as I am thinking of selling it.

Custom S&W model 64-3 nickle plated .38 special
"Mascot" blued add on site attached to top of pistol
6 in. slab side heavy barrel extended to a shortened cylinder
On cylinder side release of Pistol is marked "Fred's gun shop Mechanicsville VA"

on other side of bbl is marked "Fred Schmidt Pistolsmith" and "Beltsville MD 1982"

I bought it in a estate sale a number of years ago and have shot it a few times in PPC matches at my local club. Cylinder timing is on the money. A few small scratches. In very good shape overall. No rust or pockmarks.

I'd be happy to provide photos.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
highpowerpaul
(Login highpowerpaul)

Pictures at my website

No score for this post
November 14 2008, 1:17 PM 

I posted pictures at my home website of the S&W PPC pistol and a Ruger Police Service Six .

S&W $550
Ruger .357 stainless $250

plus shipping/transfer to FFL

www.highpowergarage.com\pistolsforsale.htm

Jerry Keefer
(no login)

Fred's

No score for this post
January 21 2009, 4:31 PM 

Hello;

I knew Fred fairly well.
He was an old school German machinist.
He died July 1986
He built approx. 250 of the short cylinder guns.
The gun you have , which has the Beltsville marking was a donated award gun. It was a prize to one of the PPC Regional participants. The Beltsville matches were held at the US Secret Service training center in Beltsville, and was one of the largest matches next to the Nationals. After the Waco incident and remarks from the NRA president, referencing "jack booted thugs" the NRA activities were no longer welcome at federal facilities.
Fred was a member of the American Pistolsmith Guild.
After his death I purchased much of the S&W parts inventory and some of his machinery, which is still in use today.
Hope this gives you some insight regarding your revolver.

Jerry Keefer

Paul
(Login highpowerpaul)

freds

No score for this post
January 23 2009, 5:56 PM 

Thanks for the info..... I really appreciate it.

Gary Martin
(no login)

Freds Gun Shop

No score for this post
November 7 2010, 7:50 PM 

Hello Jerry..
I just happen to stumble on these letters refering to Freds gun shop..I also happen to have a PPC pistol that was biult by Fred..I was hopeing that I could send you a couple of pics and maybe you could give me some Info..I hope you recireve this message..My email is gm0352@aol.com
Thanks
Gary Martin

Paul@highpowergarage.com
(no login)

No longer for sale

No score for this post
June 18 2009, 6:46 PM 

I have decided not to sell the pistols..... Thanks again to the guys that knew Fred's gunshop. Its always interesting to know some of the history behind a purchase!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement