<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

627PC for PPC?

November 30 2008 at 9:31 PM
No score for this post
Captain Dave Funk  (Login F224)

Guys:

I just picked up an as new S&W 627 Performance Center revolver. I would like to use it this upcomming season for local PPC matches.

Looking through the current rule book, I can see no mention made of a restriction on eight shot or full moon loaded revolvers. Can this gun be legally used in competition and if so, must it only be loaded with six rounds at a time?

Thanks/Dave

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
PPC Ken
(no login)

Re: 627PC for PPC?

No score for this post
December 1 2008, 4:31 PM 

Great question - thought I knew the answer until I looked up the rules. In the rule book 10.9 says "No more than six (6) cartridges may be loaded in a semi-automatic pistol or magazine". I CANNOT find any reference to a comparable rule for revolvers. I suspect the practical interpretation of this rule would apply to revolvers also, but you can never take things for granted. So, unless we can get a "zebra" to respond to this question, I am quessing you can load up your 7 or 8 shot revolver and compete - though you are going to have to be very careful counting your shots and timing your reloadings during the match. ken

JB Custom Leather
(no login)

No score for this post
December 3 2008, 10:06 AM 

If the match is a N.R.A registered or approved, pretty sure they will limit you to a max of 6 rounds only in this revolver.
Quick check is to get on the N.R.A. website and e-mail the L.E.competition division for a definite ruling. Or just give um a call.
In your own local matches this could be up to your own people, but you might as well practice the way you shoot an N.R.A match.
Good question though.

Unregistered Member
(no login)

Score 5.0 (1 person)
December 3 2008, 5:54 PM 

HEY JACK HOW ARE YOU?

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement