<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Police world games

December 30 2008 at 5:36 PM
No score for this post
cassidy  (Login azboyd)

Has anyone out there shoot the world games, CA games or western games for law enforcement in the PPC categories? This will be my first time and I hoping to use my STI Trojan 5". According to the registration they have "Duty" and "Production" listed for use. I have read the rules, and to the novice it seems the trojan could fit into either category. But, Id hate to travel to the other side of the world with the wrong gun.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mario
(no login)

WPFG rules

No score for this post
January 5 2009, 4:27 PM 

I shoot for Montreal p.d. and participated in 2005 in Quebec city.I think the production class was introduced in 2007.You have to choose which class you want to participate because you can not do both.If you choose duty ( read distinguished ),you have access to more matches.But the competition in the duty class is pretty stiff with top shooters participating with guns pushing the enveloppe of the NRA rule for distinguished.

The production class was introduced for officers wanting to use their service sidearm.It is more a participating class the way I see it.

As a first comer,in either class, you will be classified with your score which means you need to be very lucky to win because an already classified shooter can shoot the score of his life and win ,if you do the same you will simply be put in a higher classification.

The best advice I can give you is go and have fun and get a classification so you will be in a better position in New York in 2011.

You can reach the rules thru the California athletic association linking to world games.Also go to the Vancouver 2009 for details about bringing your gun in Canada.

Good luck.

PPC Ken
(no login)

Re: WPFG rules

No score for this post
January 9 2009, 9:28 AM 

Mario - what is the match in New York in 2011 that you are referring to. Thanks, ken

Mario
(no login)

World police fire games

No score for this post
January 10 2009, 10:32 AM 

I think I arouse some interests in the games so I will go in a more detailled explanation.First , I have to remind everyone that these games are opened only to active or retired law enforcement officers and firemen.

If you are eligible I suggest you go on the web site of either WPFG Vancouver 2009 or WPFG New York 2011 for more information.You can also go to the California athletic association and link to WPFG .Top shooters from around the world participate.For the last couple of years , the U.S. border patrol team has dominated the PPC event ( well done guys ! ).

For people who can not participate , it still gives you the chance to see the best in action.

Hope to see you in Vancouver !

Larry45
(no login)

WPFG'S

No score for this post
July 26 2009, 12:04 AM 

World body and Western States uses United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) rules for scoring and equipment description. Go to their website and check what catagory your gun falls into. Usually it revolves around whether it's a single action (SA) or double action (DA)pistol and what kind of modifications have been made on the gun.

I just shot the WSPFG in Los Angeles. It was the best Action Shooting event Western States or the CA. games have ever had. Great Coordinator. All competitors had to shoot from "duty gear". Not competition rigs with home made jury rigged velcro retention straps.

Good luck in Vancouver and maybe I'll see you in New York in 2011

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: WPFG'S

No score for this post
January 9 2014, 9:06 PM 

How did you make out?

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement