<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Gun Question

February 4 2009 at 7:38 PM
No score for this post
Joe  (Login sgtsluggo2)

A friend has aquired a S&W mod 686 5 inch barrel with an unfluted cylinder.
The revolver has the word NATIONALS laser etched on the barrel and a B27 target etched on the side plate.It has one of 500 on it also.Does anyone know who built this revolver and what its value might be?
Thanks.
Joe

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JP EASON
(no login)

Re: Gun Question

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 3:51 AM 

I'm not positive but believe we etched those guns at Bill Davis Service center as awards and also retail sales for National Championships in 88,or 89.I believed they also had a trigger job done as well.Also If you open the cylinder and look at the frame where the 686 is stamped you may find the gunsmith's initials stamped.A couple of us put our initals on these guns.You should also see an M stamped their as well but this was the stamp we put on the guns when modified for the updated firing pin(hammer nose)and hammer nose bushing under S&W recall starting in 87.I really don't know about the value, but there aren't many out there.If you find initials let me know on this forum and I'll let you know who the Gunsmith was. The etching was done with an electric acid chemical etch done over a stencil. JP

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement