<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

WHO SHOT THE SCORES?

March 5 2009 at 8:01 PM
No score for this post
JP  (no login)

A little PPC 1500 Trivia for anyone interested!
1)Who shot the first PPC Score of 1500 in NRA Competition?
2)How many scores of 1500 have been fired in sancitioned NRA Competition?
3)How many States have the National Championships been fired in?
4)How many guns were required to shoot all match's offered at the National police Championships in 1980,and how many were required to shoot same in 2008?
5)If you shooters think I'm wasting space here let me know?
6)Answers to follow if anyone cares?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Unregistered Member
(no login)

Re: WHO SHOT THE SCORES?

No score for this post
March 5 2009, 9:49 PM 

I SAW PHILIP SHOOT A 1500 126X IN PEARL A FEW YEARS AGO.

Unregistered Member
(no login)

Score 1.0 (1 person)
March 6 2009, 1:31 AM 

Correct! Phillip shot one of three,who shot the other two?The first was shot in 1978, also a Southerner.Who? JP

Unregistered Member
(no login)

No score for this post
March 6 2009, 7:41 AM 

JIM COLLINS FOR SURE AND JOHN PRIDE( I KNOW PRIDE DID IT IN THE CALIFORNIA LEAGUE BUT I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S WAS IN A N.R.A. SANCTIONED MATCH).

JB Custom Leather
(no login)

No score for this post
March 6 2009, 10:50 AM 

If my memory is correct, Bloomington, Indiana was first one(I attended)next one was Pearl, Ms.then Camp Dodge,Iowa(Des Moines)Then back to Jackson,Ms and finally Albuquerque, New Mexico.
In 1980 I think you needed 4 handguns and shotgun to compete. My how things have changed!

Unregistered Member
(no login)

No score for this post
March 6 2009, 6:58 PM 

JACK I THINK YOUR THE ONLY ONE ON THIS LIST WHO WAS THERE.

jbcustom-leather
(no login)

No score for this post
March 8 2009, 11:13 AM 

Gave my age away. When you are old your are old!
When they moved it to New Mexico I stopped like a bunch others. Time, money, sponcership and equiptment(guns) killed it for a lot of the guys. Shame.Some good times though. Especially in Pearl and Jackson.
Anyone remember the Stonewall Jackson Motel days?

Unregistered Member
(no login)

No score for this post
March 8 2009, 8:41 PM 

JACK YOU NEED TO COME TO NM ONCE.

HOW CAN YOU SHOOT ALL THE OTHERS AND MISS THIS? THEY ONLY SIGNED A 5 YEAR CONTRACT AND THIS WILL BE YEAR 4.

JB Custom Leather
(no login)

No score for this post
March 9 2009, 8:52 PM 

I had intended to do so the first year, but couldnt get away for it. Then after I found out the cost and conditions from some of the guys in our area decided that was it not for me. I didnt have all the guns needed to compete, and was told to figure a min. of $1500-$2000 with travel, food, gas, entry fees, you name it, plus I heard the awards were a joke, said that was it for me. I am not the only one, everyone from this area gave it up too.
Miss seeing the people and comradery. So far still making some regionals. With the economy getting worse and cost of ammo and components dont think it will happen. Hate to say it, but looks like PPC on the down hill.
More power if you can do it. My attitude was miss the Nationals NO WAY. Things change.

JP
(no login)

No score for this post
March 9 2009, 11:20 PM 

WELL TO ATTEND IS A COMMITMENT FOR SURE BUT THE AWARDS ARE OUTSTANDING.FAR MORE GUNS AND QUALITY AWARDS THAN EVER. THIS YEAR IS SUPPOSED TO BE EVEN BETTER.NRA HAS REALLY GONE ALL OUT TO SECURE AWARDS FROM MAJOR MANUFACTURERS.I DON'T THINK ANY CHAMPIONSHIP HAS THE QUALITY OR QUANTITY THAT NPSC HAS FOR THE NUMBER OF SHOOTERS.

JP
(no login)

No score for this post
March 7 2009, 1:07 AM 

Sorry see untitled for answers JP

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement