<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

PPC 1911/ build ups

January 9 2010 at 11:23 PM
No score for this post
Jim  (Login Tangohammerli)

Here is an example of a PPC specific 1911 that I have built. I actually have two under developement. One with a 1:16 twist the other with a 1:32. What do you all think??

[img][linked image][/img]
[img][linked image][/img]

jim

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Larry 45
(no login)

Re: PPC 1911/ build ups

No score for this post
January 26 2010, 11:20 AM 

The gun looks great! Can you show us a 25 or 50 yard test target and what ammo was used to shoot it?
How much would a build like that cost?

Jim
(no login)

1911 long slide PPC

No score for this post
January 26 2010, 7:45 PM 

Cost to build this beast was 1700 parts and labor.
25 yards it shoots 1/2 groups. I will check the load data..
jim

jbcutom leather
(no login)

Re: 1911 long slide PPC

No score for this post
January 27 2010, 11:12 AM 

If and when the one with 1/32 twist is finished, particularly interesested in how it shoots and the load.50yds.
What kind of groups are you getting out of this one in pic at 50 yards?
Thanks
JB

Larry 45
(no login)

Re: 1911 long slide PPC

No score for this post
January 27 2010, 11:33 AM 

Jim, the cost is reasonable. Can you give any specifics to the components you used to build that "beast" happy.gif
I see the requisite Aristocrat rib, but who's frame, slide and innards do you use?
LR

jim
(no login)

Beast components

No score for this post
January 28 2010, 9:23 AM 

Frame: Caspian
ejector: Brown
Trigger: McCormick(next one will be wilson)
Hammer-Sear-Disconnector set by C&S
Grip Safty: McCormick High grip
MSH is flat checkered by NightForce with removable mag well
Main spring: Wilson
Extended mag release: Brown
Thumb Safety: this one is Colt SS but use a lot of the McCormick

Slide: Fusion
Barrel: KKM 1:32, Kart 1:16
National Match Bushing
Extractor: Brown
Firing Pin: Brown
Oversized FP stop block: Brown
Sights: Aristocat rib or two piece set is available

I just ordered three Caspian SS frames with built in Plunger tubes
I will be using Caspian slides going forward as I can get those with or without sight cuts

jim
(no login)

option 2

No score for this post
January 28 2010, 9:37 AM 

[linked image][/IMG]
another option, this time with Bomar like sights. Slide was monolithic with just enough of a reliefe to help the slide fit the Safariland holster I have.

PPC Ken
(no login)

Re: option 2

No score for this post
January 28 2010, 12:32 PM 

Are the grips "Sharkskin" grips. I believe this is a company name or at least the name of the type of grip?? If yes, where did you get them? Thanks, ken

jim
(no login)

grips

No score for this post
January 28 2010, 1:07 PM 

I am not sure what the name of the company was.. I purchased them at the Nationals in New Mexico last year for under 15.00. They are hard plastic and very textured! I like them alot..

Jim
(Login Tangohammerli)

Load data

No score for this post
May 19 2010, 9:26 AM 

Ok, I have been shooting the monolithic model with the two piece sight set.
The "pet" load thus far is 4.3gr W231, 147gr truncated lead, federal cases and win primers with an OAL of 1.155. Velocity at my elevation is averaging at 1145 fps (980ft above sea leavel at 78 degrees).
I also shot some of the RWS that Walmat has (124gr) and it liked that at 25yards. I will be doing some 50yard testing soon as the snow is now gone from the range..

Unregistered Member
(no login)

Re: Load data

No score for this post
May 20 2010, 6:51 PM 

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]
HERE'S WHAT 9MM'S ARE CAPABLE OF AT 50YDS. LEFT TARGET IS A 10 SHOT GROUP,RIGHT SIDE TARGET IS A 24 SHOT GROUP. REMEMBER WE SHOOT 24RDS AT 50YDS. JP

jbcutom leather
(no login)

No score for this post
June 18 2010, 10:03 AM 

Last post with the pics of the targets are quite impressive. What load was used and was this done with a 1/32 twist bbl?
Thanks
JB

Unregistered Member
(no login)

No score for this post
June 19 2010, 10:31 AM 

HEY JACK. THAT WAS SHOT WITH 115GR HORNADY XTP, 5.0GR VV330, FED MATCH PRIMER, STARLINE NEW BRASS.

JB
(no login)

load data

No score for this post
June 20 2010, 4:19 PM 

Thanks for the quick feedback. Watt twist bbl. was the load shot in? 1-16 or 1-32?
Try 6.0 grains of VV3n37 with Winchester 115JHP 1.042 oal and see how that does. Hndy would be good too.
JB

Unregistered Member
(no login)

Re: load data

No score for this post
June 21 2010, 12:07 PM 

JACK IT'S A 1X32 KKM BBL. NO MORE VV FOR ME. I'LL SE U AT CEDAR RAPIDS AND TALK TO U ABOUT IT. JP

JB
(no login)

load data

No score for this post
June 21 2010, 5:36 PM 

Jim,
Doesnt look like I will make Cedar Rapids this year, unfortunately.
If things change maybe, Jeff prob wont either.
Thanks for the feedback.
e-mail me if you have changed your address.
Still try that V3N37 load and let me know
Jack

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement