<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

holsters????

February 8 2010 at 10:25 PM
No score for this post
dp251  (Login dp251)

Im looking right now to buy a holster. All I have shot in the past is uspsa. I am having a 6" 1911 9mm being built right now. What holsters are being used? What are the restrictions that i need to be watching out for? I talked to a uspsa open class shooter who recommended the ghost holster to me. I have also seen a few safariland holsters out there. Any other options? My 1911 does have an aristocrat rib sight on it.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Unregistered Member
(no login)

Re: holsters????

No score for this post
February 9 2010, 12:26 AM 

Safariland has a couple that will work with both 5"&6" autos, you only need one holster if your using all the same type of guns. JP

PPC Ken
(no login)

No score for this post
February 9 2010, 11:59 AM 

I also use the Safariland 012 (I think that is the number) - great holster. I use it for my 6" open pistol, will use it on my 6" distinguish pistol, and have used it on my CZ 75 duty pistol. All you have to do is move one slide up/down a shaft. If you mark the shaft - it REALLY takes about 2 minutes to convert from one gun to the next. ken

Be careful though - this holster will NOT fit all pistols - check with Safariland.

JB Custom Leather
(no login)

Holsters

No score for this post
February 9 2010, 8:34 PM 

Safariland good choice. If you do not find what you want I make a comp holster, that is front break. All leather with spring steel retaining clip. I can make to handle any 5" or 6" 1911 style gun or just about any other auto of similar frame configuration. Orig designed for PPC competition but can use for other disciplines.
let me know if I can help.
$85.00 for plain holster(fully lined with suede)
$92.50 bskt.weave
$125.00 carved
Your choice of color, left hand or right hand.

dp251
(no login)

No score for this post
June 27 2010, 4:59 PM 

just as a fluke deal. i found out that a full size xd holster will fit a 1911 with aristocrat rib sight quite nicely. Mine is an uncle mikes law enforcement model in kydex. size number 26. just in case there is anybody else out there not interested in pumping $150 into a holster like myself.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement