<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

HELP with 147 gr lead 9mm loads

February 11 2010 at 11:38 PM
No score for this post
Unregistered Member  (Login dp251)

Okay I have looked every where for info on 147gr lead reloads. I bought some 125 gr lead and 147 lead. I found plenty of info on the 125 but nothing reliable on 147. They are being shot in a 6" 1911. Ive heard good things about 147gr ld in the longer barrel but dont know much else about it. Im also a new reloader to the 9mm cartridge so if there are any accuracy tricks out there you dont mind sharing, Im all ears. Ive been looking at using bullseye, wsf, 231, or unique as far as powders are concerned.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
jim
(no login)

9mm load

No score for this post
February 12 2010, 1:49 AM 

Not to worry... if this who I think it is, I will help you figure out the correct oal for the 147 grain in your barrel. I will bet it will close to mine as I will be using the same finish reamer.
Some keen thoughts on the 9mm is that cases are very crucial to long line accurracy. You really need to sort them to maintain similar preasures and muzzle velocity. And dont forget that the 9mm case is not a straight wall case but a tapered case.
There is time to do some testing on optimum loads....

dp251
(Login dp251)

Re: HELP with 147 gr lead 9mm loads

Score 2.0 (1 person)
February 12 2010, 8:23 PM 

yeah everytime i log in to post a comment it logs me as unregistered member. whatever, im dp251, to everyone else, the fng:) But I appreciate everyones help. I shot you an email before i checked the forum. So you will have something to read after (if) it gets slow tonight. happy.gif Thanks again everyone, I, once again, appreciate it.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: HELP with 147 gr lead 9mm loads

No score for this post
January 21 2016, 9:33 PM 

Bumped

JB
(Login x-cop)

147 grain lead 9mm loads

No score for this post
January 22 2016, 11:18 AM 

Try 3.5 grains of CFE seated to 1.135 oal. You might have to experiment depending on your chamber and twist.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: 147 grain lead 9mm loads

No score for this post
April 4 2016, 4:30 PM 

Bump

Hatman1793
(Login Hatman1793)

Okay...

No score for this post
November 14 2016, 6:45 PM 

With Bullseye, and the 147grain bullet, I'm assuming hard cast, I would try 3.8 or 3.9 of Bullseye. If the 147 is an FMJ, 4.0 would be the starting load.
As for WW231, the lead 147 load should be around 4.2. An FMJ would be a little hotter @ 4.3. But, WW231, & Unique would not be my first choice, only a last resort. I'm a RedDot fan....

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement