<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Old timer needs help/advice

February 17 2010 at 2:35 PM
No score for this post
Steve  (Login Sweetokole)

Glad to see that I'm not the oldest on the site... like some of you, I somehow got the bug to get back into the game hoping there will be a super seniors category. All the rule changes are causing me some confusion as it is most of you. The last major competition I took part in was the Four Queens police olympics back in '88... any chance one/some of you were there? I shot on the HPD (Honolulu Police Dept.) team. Except for myself, everyone has gone on to greener pastures. Anyway... can I still shoot my unlimited gun... 6" bull bbl. with aristocrat rib? and if I want to shoot an auto I have a 1911 NRA legal bullseye ball gun, and a S&W 745 which I was thinking of changing the fixed rear site to a bomar adjustable one... now I wondering if that would disqualify the piece. I'm in Colorado now so I was thinking of shooting down at the Raton matches this summer... any of you shoot there? Be nice to hear back regarding my dilemma.
Steve

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JB Custom Leather
(no login)

Old timer needs help

No score for this post
February 18 2010, 7:36 PM 

Yes, I shot all those matches. When Dennis Cerruti was head of Security at the 4 Queens that was the match to go to. Good times and good people. When he passed at an early age that was the end of those matches. If you have been back to the hotel and go into the lobby there is no sign there ever was these large PPC matches and security does not have any idea what you are talking about.
In answer to your question, your 1911 and 745 would be no problem in open match catagory. I believe the 745 with change of sights would be fine in Distinguished catagory too, not knowing what the oal of the sight radius is. Check with Marc Lipps at the N.R.A and I am sure he would be glad to assist you in any questions you might have.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement