<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Anyone know where to get tray that holds Safariland Loading Trays?

May 16 2010 at 7:01 PM
No score for this post
new2ppc  (Login new2ppc)

Ok, so I went to my first PPC match this weekend and I'm hooked. I am learning a ton and have realized there is some equipment I need to pick up. For starters, almost all of the other shooters had black plastic trays that held two Safariland Loading Trays on one side and all their empty brass, etc. on the other side with a handle in the middle. Some even had a lid. Anyone know where to find one of these? I think they quit making them. I don't care if it's made by Safariland, I just thought some company would make something like this, but I can't find one anywhere!

Anyone have a website as to where I can get one or have one they want to sell?

Thanks in advance...

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
PPC Ken
(no login)

Re: Anyone know where to get tray that holds Safariland Loading Trays?

No score for this post
May 17 2010, 1:31 PM 

Glad you are hooked - welcome. However, this is not going to be much of an answer. Reportedly, they have not been made for years - BUT, a Sgt. Roy Meyer (somewhere in Okla.) had a bunch made up by the same person/firm that made them for Safariland. They were the same thing except for the Safariland logo. At the 2009 Rocky Mtn. Nationals in Raton, NM, it is my understanding that he sold the last of them - for about $45 each. Maybe someone out there has one for sale for you or knows how to contact Roy. Seems like an opportunity for someone, as all our new shooters are trying to find the box also. Good luck, ken

OC COP
(no login)

Sgt. Roy G. Myers (Ret)

Score 5.0 (1 person)
May 26 2010, 12:34 AM 

I was in the same boat a few years back with attempting to locate a production "shooters box." I met a very generous man retiring from Virginia PPC who helped me out and sold me one of his boxes. I still use that box today in my PPC matches.

In early 2009 I made contact with Roy Myers. Myers has/had a business named Hole in the Wall Firearms Training School, 2508 E. Dunkin Road, Cushing, OK 74023, 918-387-4150. I do not know if Myers is still in business today but I thought I would make this posting to help a new shooter.

At that time Myers only had a hand full of the shooters boxes left which included a carrying case for extra ammo, etc. The best set up I had seen and the only one out there on the market. Border Patrol and US Custom made a large purchase just prior to my order. Myers indicated that it was difficult to get the boxes made by his undisclosed contact company that owned the original molds for the boxes. Myers was tight lipped as to the name of the company that held the molds and I don't blame him. Myers was trying to have more boxes made to do a service for PPC shooters and make a profit in his business. Draw back was the outlay of capital due to the number of boxes that must be made to make it worth moving forward.

I purchased from Myers a few boxes for my PPC team members and a couple of other shooters here in Maryland. We bought the boxes as spared in the event that something happen to our older boxes. They are not for sale at this time. At @$45 each plus shipping Myers was not making much money and had to sell hundreds to make it worth effort. PPC in recent years has declined due to a number of factors not discussed here. That for another discussion. NRA's Marc Lipp is working hard to improve PPC and bring the sport back.

You have already read that the loading blocks for L and K frame revolvers are still available today from Safariland. Brownells has them as mentioned. I like the idea of the box mentioned at Homedepot. I have seen similar boxes on the firing line at matches that do the job. Now days anything would work as long as you where not carrying a suitcase up to the line. The box does not make the shooter but it would be nice if you could find one for sale. Every now and then you will find one for sale but they go quick. Networking! I feel unless you find some one retiring from PPC, I doubt you will ever find them sold new on the open market. The cost of production is significant for the return on the money, otherwise, the boxes would be available to day.

Good luck in your search for a shooters box and may you one day shoot a perfect 1500 with 150X! OC COP

Tom
(no login)

Rocky Mountain Nationals

No score for this post
June 3 2010, 4:05 PM 

The Rocky Mountain Nationals will be held at the Whittington Center in Raton New Mexico on July 14-17. Alot of PPC stuff exchange hands. There will be 4 1500 matches. It is a great match. Robert Butler is the match director. He can be reached at butlerra@gvtc.com or TX State Trooper Dan Butts at d.butts@sbcglogal.net

Tom
(no login)

PPC Loading Blocks

No score for this post
May 17 2010, 2:02 PM 

Brownells has the loading trays. Check their web site, www.brownells.com. The item # is 797-301-138AC for K frame. About $20 bucks.

By the way Roy passed away last week some time. His funeral was on the 13th

Unregistered Member
(no login)

Re: PPC Loading Blocks

No score for this post
May 17 2010, 11:56 PM 

Yeah, I picked up one of the loading trays from Brownells already. I'm talking about the plastic tray that holds those loading trays. Some even have lids. I guess I'll just make my own. Thanks for the help.

Unregistered Member
(Login new2ppc)

No score for this post
May 24 2010, 12:17 PM 

I found what I was looking for at the Home Depot. They had a tool tray made by Husky that is very similar to the ones that Safariland used to make. Holds my Safariland tray perfectly. Thanks again for the help!

jb
(no login)

No score for this post
June 18 2010, 10:16 AM 

Just read Tom's post. I knew Roy and was friends with him. Nice guy and very sorry to hear this. I had talked with him about 5-6 mos ago and he told me he had been battling Cancer, but thought he had it licked. Unfortunately not.I hate to find out things like this after they happen. He had told me he only had a few of the boxes left and was trying to buy the molds but the guy who had them refused to sell them and was going to destroy them. He said due to his illness when he sold the ones he had left, that was it for him.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement