<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

First Revolver Match 1500

May 19 2010 at 9:17 AM
No score for this post
Jim  (Login Tangohammerli)

Ok, I have been resistant in my approach to shooting the revolver as I am a die hard 1911 fan with no fewer then 5 in various calibers including 38spl Midrange. However, I was enticed to shoot this last weekend with a loaned, and might I say worked over 65Kframe. Boy was I missing something! Yeah I miss loaded the first speed loader and it cost me 60 point. I did recover and get the rest of them on paper. It was great fun. I shot one of my best matches ever (less the 6 rounds saved).
Also new to me was the neck hold at 25y. What a difference that made as well.
I will be making a few adjustments and getting some much needed practice, but I have already made plans to make it New Mexico in the fall!
Hope to see you there!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
LR45
(no login)

Welcome to the Revolver World

No score for this post
June 1 2010, 10:22 AM 

Jim,
Glad you had a good time and shot so well. I'll be at NM Nationals too. The BRTs (Big Round Things) are great skill builders. After shooting my BRT my 1911 is a piece of cake.
Look for Rancho Santa Fe Protective Services shooters and introduce yourself. See you there.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement