<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Duty gun - need help

June 20 2010 at 4:17 PM
No score for this post
PPC Ken  (no login)

OK guys, now that adjustable sights are legal on Duty Pistols - can they be added to older pistols that came with fixed sights (ie Catalog item) or do we have to go buy a catalog item Duty gun that has adjustable sights? If they can, do they have to be from the same manufacturer, or can they be aftermarket? These rules changes just seem to get more and more interesting!! As always, thanks for the input, ken

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
lr45
(no login)

Re: Duty gun - need help

No score for this post
June 22 2010, 11:51 AM 

Ken,
Interesting question. Let's see if Marc weighs in on this with an opinion or ruling from the NRA.
While maybe making it easier for new shooters to use their existing equipment to shoot, it causes a disparity with those of us that have conformed to exisitng rules and bought our guns accordingly. I am not entirely happy with the new rules.

PPC Ken
(no login)

No score for this post
June 22 2010, 12:52 PM 

Agreed - like going from 5" to 6" on the Distinguished Pistol ????????????????????

Unregistered Member
(no login)

No score for this post
July 1 2010, 12:36 AM 

How about the shooter who has earned 20 points with his legal 5" auto and can't justify buying a 6" just to be on an even playing field with the 6" guns and can't quite get that last 10 points and quits shooting as a result? Maybe he can shoot that outdated distinguished auto in the stock auto match, or can he shoot that $2,000 gun with ARISTOCRAT TRISET SIGHTS in the stock auto match? Maybe we would do well to keep the Distinguished in the Distinguished match. 392

Bob
(no login)

No score for this post
July 2 2010, 8:40 PM 

Ken if you are talking about semi auto pistol you can change sights to any fixed or adjustable (DUTY) whatever that means),sights on any semi auto pistol and be within the rules as they are now. If you are talking about revolvers that may be a different issue,but who know they might even allow you to put custom adjustables on a fixed sight model,nowday who knows. I agree about the dist semi auto ,I think they believe they fixed a problem that didnt exist,and made all of our distinguished guns worth zip,no one wants a 5" now,and by the way you CAN NOT, shoot the stock auto match with a gun with aristocrats sights on it, I guess there is a big difference between aristocrats and a gun with Bomar sights on it,what a bunch of,, oh well.I cant wait to be shooting next to someone shooting an FN 5.7 gun, I love FN 's recent advertising that there gun is now approved for NRA competition as that is a selling point,They make 9mm 40,45's why did the NRA have to change 40 + years of rules in regards to caliber and allow that ammo,musta been alot of sponsorship $$$$ involved ,they can probably give away more of those neat trophys this year. Anyway only game in town for most of us old guys so good luck.This year should be real interesting at the ref's table,!!!!!!!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement