<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

WHATS next

January 27 2011 at 5:11 AM
No score for this post
Bob  (no login)

I hope the NRA committee who has taken a simple sport and so totally screwed it up over the last 4 years are proud of themselves. OK after allowing aristocrate R-S sights on PPC9 last year for stock auto they now have changed that,Im sure all competitors that talked Jim into making that sight again and bought them are real happy,not only that but the PPC 9 has been ruled out for stock auto because its not a catalog item,no matter what sight you put on it,Well bright persons at the NRA how has it qualified as a dist auto for the last 15 years if it was not a catalog item or how have any of the P/C guns qualified because Ive never seen even the stock auto in a catalog. So thank you as a competitor for now making my 1200.00 dollar gun worth pretty much nothing,because you have seen fit to change all the other rules,making 6" guns legal for dist auto was bad enough,but I thought hey 5"-6" thats not that much of an advantage all other things being equal, but you couldnt leave that alone NOW we are expected to compete with full CUSTOM read again no matter what catalog its in CUSTOM 6" BULL barrel 1911s,now thats a pretty serious advantage over a 5" regular barrel 1911 or a 5" ppc9 .Whats so distinguished about shooting the same gun most of us have been shooting in the open class for 10 years,well at least you didnt allow ribs, big deal. Heck your even messing with the poor glock shooters,like any really cares if they have an extra 1/16th of an inch sight advantage.You say well just shoot what you have and stop complaining.WELL some of us like to be competitive and WIN and part of that at the higher levels is giving yourself the opportunity by having as good equipment as the other top competitors you are shooting against.I know the new thing at the NPSC is like kids soccer everyone wins a trophy so they can feel good but I hate to tell you most of those 8-9-10 place trophies,especially in the higher classes, dont leave the hotel waste basket.In your effort to say ok to every sponsor, yes Im refering to the 5.7 ammo thing and changing barrel lengths and sights on a yearly basis, you are driving the real competitors crazy. This constant effort to make it easy for the new shooter is driving us older shooters away and guess what ,we are the ones that were bringing in the new shooters.It was amazing that it was so simple for so many years, you knew what guns were ok,the difference in guns for the type matches made sense and now its turned into IPSC type rule system no one can keep up with. Mostly I wonder WHY all these changes,just say no to somebody,a stock auto has fixed sight period,a dist auto is 5" period,you want to shoot a glock in stock auto buy a 4" and shoot away, no 5.5 inch, FN make 9s and 40s that they say are good guns why approve their 5.7 and change the ammo rule in effect for 40+ years,So they can now advertise 5.7 approved for competition,hey try it at Camp Perry ok, I know Ive rambled on but this last deal was just TOO MUCH, sorry guys had to let it out.Bob

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
lr45
(no login)

No Kidding

No score for this post
January 27 2011, 11:17 AM 

Amen. What Bob said. What a "Charlie Foxtrot" these new rules have made. I'm making a coffee table out of my "Wall of Gaylord" (meet the Focker reference)awards (anything over 3rd place).

I don't know why we even have catagories anymore if they just thow you in the "Overall" classification heap. Maybe someone can explain the advantage. I'd rather be 1st place in my catagory and classification than 8th place in the overall classification. There seems to be no enhanced prizes for the overall placement, just more lucite for the table top.

Lou
(no login)

Their have lost their mind

No score for this post
January 27 2011, 10:45 PM 

OMG what has happened to the NRA PPC rules this past several years is really just nuts. After 34 years of shooting PPC the state loony prison must have had an early release that got on the rules committee (or several). Do these folks actually read what they put in print. It defies logic and any common sense which cops know isn't so common. How are we suppose to explain to new shooters the NRA competition gun rules when they change every season. What new shooters can afford to keep up this insanity? Thanks NRA for putting another stake in the heart of LE/police PPC. Like we didn't have enough problems recruiting new shooters. If you really want to support LE shooting sports you need to seriously reconsider what rule changes your making and admit you screwed up. I would respect that but don't continue down this path in ignorance, your killing the competitors!

Don
(no login)

Re: WHATS next

No score for this post
January 28 2011, 11:06 AM 

I totally agree with Bob. How has my S&W PPC 9mm be been qualified as a Distinguished Auto gun for all these past 10 years if it was not a catalog item. If it was good enough of a catalog item as a distinguished, then replacing the triset aristocrat rear sight for a simple adjustable aristocrat model should not disqualify. Is it not a SERVICE TYPE sight? What the hell is a SERVICE TYPE sight? Isn't a fiber optic insert more of a customization then a simple plain rear blade? I feel that competing against customized 6" 1911 catalog guns and having to spend another $1500 for because my PPC 9 is no longer worth enough to offset that cost, thanks to this ruling. It is much more of a disadvantage to overcome then just changing the rear sight.
As far as the awards at the NPSC I also agree. To take home these lucite 7th to 10th place awards and have to pay extra on the airline baggage fees is stupid. While the idea of awarding more guns to the lower classifications is an important incentive and reward to bring back shooters.......what a bunch of crock it was to limit the top shooters what they fully deserve,earned, trained for and spent expensive ammo and time for, to only win a limited few guns. Look, Tippet was wrongly denied the guns he truly earned and never came back again. Isn't a wonderful message to see one of the top champion shooters disgusted and leaving the sport and the nationals. Shouldn't we all be striving to one day beat a Hemphill, Tippet, Vadaz, Cobb, or Pride. They earned the prizes they win and some AYSO soccer type awards to everyone crying they didn't win is sad. There accomplishments are true excellence and something to be truly proud of the achievement, not some lucite nice looking dust collector.

Unregistered Member
(no login)

comment on rule changes

No score for this post
January 30 2011, 5:56 PM 

Ive been contacted by a couple guys wondering what I had against the new Dist Semi auto rule. First of all I have nothing against Springfield or the custom shop.Exactly the oposite Ive only been shooting their guns exclusively for over 10 years,great people /great service GREAT 1911s love em, cant get enough of em, hug em,AWESOME people and GREAT products. I wish I had waited a year to get my new dist gun built a couple years ago, as I had a 5" made ( would have liked to know that 6" would be approved a year later) and passed down my older Springfield Dist guns to a new shooter, who I am sure feels the same way as I did,Im sure there are many others out there with the same predicament.So when the 6" rule came out we(the older more experienced shooters) told the younger guys starting out hey get a 6" PPC 9 or a 6" 1911 non bull barrel no rib and man youre lucky you only need one gun,so Some of the new shoters listened and bought PPC9s (sometimes at quite a cost) and we patted them on the back telling them how lucky they were,one gun for both ,should help their shooting and Dist S/A scores alot.Now the rules change again to allow a Bull Barreled gun in Dist S/A. Thats the same gun most of my team has been shooting in the open class for 10 years,we pretty much stayed away from the added weight of a rib.Now the new guys feel behind the curve,and rightly so, that they arent shooting a bull barrel gun,either for dist S/A or in the open class(because they wanted a gun they could shoot for both).And yes I know you can and I have shot great scores with the 5" guns and the 6" non bull barrel guns , BUT come on most of us find and know that the bull- barreled guns, added weight and stabilization makes shooting well much easier,otherwise we wouldnt be carrying around 55 ounce revolvers and S/A pistols. Let alone people that may have just had a $2000.00 dist Semi auto built a couple years ago and now ,especially at NPSC your going to be hard pressed to be competitive against the same class of shooter as yourself shooting a 6" bull barrel 1911 if your trying to point out or win.I know I feel extremely lucky as do my teammates that already have a longslide bull barrel,but feel bad for some of the newer shooters,that cant or shouldnt have to try to dig up the money for a new custom made 6" gun.Especially now that NO ONE is buying a 5" gun,so they cant even sell that for what its worth and If THE NRA doesnt allow the use of the R-S non tri-set sight (like they did last year)on the 5" guns you cant even salvage them for the stock auto match.While Im on the subject I intend to call Marc Lipp this week to determine what exactly is or not allowed,Heck if you go to THE NRA PPC rules website on one page they still limit the dist S/A to 7.5" in the general description page.I dont know what bad email was sent out but if its info that is found on the NRA PPC rules info pages cant it be removes so it stops some of the confusion.Anyway I hope this explained my frustration in my earlier post. Thanks Bob

Tom
(no login)

more of the same

No score for this post
January 30 2011, 7:22 PM 

My thinking on this is what does "catalog item" mean. Mass produced,over 1000 made,kept in stock,produced in the same manner,no customization.I know when you ordered your PPC 9 it was either in stock or not,if not you just had to wait,till the next run was produced,you got it the way it was,the same as everyone elses PPC 9.Maybe you could get an ambi safety if you were left handed ? If other guns are going to be allowed, they should be held to the same standard. No, what checkering do you want ,trigger,mainspring housing,etc. Has Springfield made over 1000 bull barrel 9mm 1911s,I wonder, are they ever IN stock waiting to be sold( I dont think so) or all individually ordered.Should be one model that has NO customization to be a catalog item.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement