<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

PPC Classifications

January 31 2012 at 8:16 AM
No score for this post
Texas PPC  (no login)

On January 7, 2011 the NRA Board of Directors amended the Police Pistol Combat Rule Book Classification system and created two firearm Divisions. The Open Class Division and the Stock Duty Gun Division. The Board also changed the process for determining individual Classifications.
Because of this current Classifications are not valid the on-line lookup service is not available. NRA Competitions Staff is issuing new Classification Cards to all competitors for each Division following the new PPC Rule Book provisions.
You may check current Classifications by calling 703.267.1632 or by sending an e-mail to LECompetitions@nrahq.org. with your full information and your NRA Membership Number or assigned NRA Competitor Number.

Now we could have the potential for one person to have four different classifications!!!!! Why is the NRA doing this? Anyone have a good explanation? Are we catering to the TPC side of the NRA LE competitions?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Unregistered Member
(Login KAC49)

Re: PPC Classifications

No score for this post
February 1 2012, 9:36 AM 

My opinion is that they don't care, and would like to see PPC go away. Why else would they keep coming up with rule changes and knee jerk decisions that do nothing but chase people away from the sport.

Unregistered Member
(no login)

No score for this post
February 1 2012, 9:47 AM 

I JUST LOOKED UP MY CLASSIFICATIONS AND BOTH MY PPC CLASSIFICATIONS HAVE DISAPPEARED. MY BULLSEYE AND AIR PISTOL ARE STILL THERE.

Unregistered Member
(no login)

No score for this post
March 3 2012, 8:03 AM 

I got my new card this week....went down in some classes and up in another. I know one high master shooter that is now in sharpshooter.....go figure!!!!

John
(no login)

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 10:41 AM 

I am one of those High Masters, I have no idea how they came up with their math, old scores, new scores, just this year's scores... who knows>>> lets see, they now have me in the Stock Duty gun division semi-auto-expert, revolver-high master, in the Open Class division semi-auto-master, revolver-master...

I guess it is their new rules, so nobody can call me a sand bagger if I win the Expert Class....

John C. Poole
Michigan Police Combat Pistol Association

Unregistered Member
(no login)

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 2:23 PM 

too funny!!!!!

Sandbagger!!!!

Chris
(Login TampaLeo)

Score 5.0 (1 person)
February 19 2014, 11:38 AM 

In the little time I have been shooting PPC I see they are trying to make it like USPSA. They have multiple classifications for all different types of guns. The more classifications such as revolver and semi-auto gives you more chances to win at the higher level. In other words if your a strong revolver shooter you'll do great and can win a lot with the revolver. Same for Semi-auto. Its a way to keep the revolver in play since the LE world is all semi-auto and not revolver anymore. My first NPSC in 2013 was a great experience. I won many different matches and brought my confidence up. In USPSA and NRA Action Pistol either you win or you don't.

I don't see that they want to make it go away. Just as Marc Lipp. I think they want to bring it to the new way of shooting matches which is more and more the USPSA type.

WE need to keep spreading the word about the sport and get more COPS to shoot. I like the stock service classifications. If your strong 25 yrd shooter and can almost clean the 25 then you can win a lot of swag at major matches.

Keep it in the X ring.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement