<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Tri Sight Adjustments

July 11 2012 at 12:59 PM
No score for this post
Mossbergman  (no login)

Guys I changed bullet weight and need to re calibrate my Aristocrat rear sight adjustments.
Question: Start with 50 yard setting #3 (neck hold) and work your way back or start with 7/15 yard setting #1 (POA/POI) and go from there?

I might have this assbackwards but I tried lowering my point of impact @ 25 yards by unscrewing (counter clockwise)the allen head set screw, thus lowering the rear sight (or so I thought)It did not have any effect on the POI.

Your thoughts and comments.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: Tri Sight Adjustments

No score for this post
January 23 2014, 6:27 PM 

I have the 4 position Wichita rib on mine
1 I don't use the setting
2 is for 7-25 m centre mass hold
3 is for centre mass hold at 50 metres
4 is for neck hold at 50 metres

JB CUSTOM LEATHER
(Login x-cop)

Tri Sight Adjustments

No score for this post
January 25 2014, 12:33 PM 

Start from the 7-15 yard setting and go from there. That should #1. #2 if you shoot neck at 25 adjust it and then #3. for 50 yards Go with directions from maker.Use the allen screws for hase settings and the slotted scress for fine adjuistments for wind or elevation for match conditions(light and wind)

Chris
(Login TampaLeo)

Re: Tri Sight Adjustments

No score for this post
February 12 2014, 10:25 PM 

To be honest it really doesn't matter what position you begin at. Each set is on a different cam so it has no bearing on the other unless you forget to move the cam to the next setting. Just remember to fine tune your adjustments with your small allen screw not the main elevation screw. The main one will make every position change.

Maybe you just need to do that now that I think about it. If the 25 is off then so will the 50. just change your main elevation at the 25 with the main screw and then check your 50 and see if it dropped right in. Just get to know your gun! happy.gif

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement