<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Just getting started (hope it's not too late)

April 19 2013 at 6:28 PM
No score for this post
JohnnyU3  (Login JohnnyU3)

Hey everyone,

Just getting into PPC. I've been at it about 6 mo. or so. Who makes holsters for 6" S&W K-Frames? What speed loaders are out there other than Safariland and who makes pounches for them now days?

I know these are basic questions, but I'm not finding much on the internet. Thanks for you responses.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Moose
(Login TampaLeo)

Re: Just getting started (hope it's not too late)

No score for this post
August 1 2013, 8:31 PM 

Safariland are the best on the market. Others will be less quality.

JB
(Login x-cop)

Just getting started

No score for this post
August 22 2013, 6:22 PM 

If you have not found what you need contact me I can possibly make up what you need.
jbcustom-leather@att.net contact

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: Just getting started

No score for this post
February 8 2014, 9:11 AM 

Awesome

Tony Kent
(Login tonyk60)

Re: Just getting started (hope it's not too late)

No score for this post
February 8 2014, 11:32 PM 

Hey Johnny, I have used both Safariland and Seidler Jetloaders, and in my opinion I have found the Seildler to be far superior. I have used and still have a couple of Safariland Comp II's but find that they hang up sometimes, especially when they are used a lot, as I said, my opinion only. I do know people who are as passionate. I have bought most of mine through Brownells when our dollar was good, I will just wait a little while longer for it to get back up there.

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/speedloaders-accessories/cylinder-speedloaders/revolver-jetloader-prod303.aspx

as for the speed loader pouches, I use a Safariland and I am quite happy with them, there may be more on the market over in the US. It's just a matter of asking enough people.

Holsters are ones own preference, talk to people and see what they use, pretty much personal preference. I bought a double alpha for my model 14. I have used a lot of holsters over the years and this was my first venture into a "ghost" type holster, glad I did it is probably the best holster I have ever bought. I was a bit wary of it holding the gun in, but boy is it quick and no worries about security. I bought mine from Double alpha, but I see there is a link for US. Mine, with both inner and outer belts cost me less from Double alpha than it would have here in AUS.

www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Double-Alpha-Race-Master-Holster-Right-Hand-P1645.aspx

good luck

JB
(Login x-cop)

Holsters for sale

No score for this post
February 9 2014, 8:02 PM 

I have a quanity of Ted Blocker style holsters(Nothern Plains)for sale. They are for 4 inch and 2 1/2 inch revolvers. Full metal lined competition holsters, brand new. Black and tan. Originally sold for #125. Take @50 inc the shipping. Also have one left hand rig for a 6 inch(1 inch diameter)black.
Have a few Safariland comp holsters that will take a Glock, Smith&Wesson M&P frame pistols.
Two Tex Shoemakers duty rigs for Beretta 92.
If interested contact me at jbcustom-leather@att.net

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: Holsters for sale

No score for this post
February 9 2014, 10:03 PM 

I need a couple of pouches for my spare speedloaders

JB
(Login x-cop)

Mag pouches

No score for this post
February 10 2014, 12:59 PM 

If you go on the internet there are pouches advertised all over. Brownells and Midway have them.
I custom make them -Double is $45, Triple is $55, and quad is $65 plus shipping. These are open top for competition, made to fit belt width you use. Choice of color, blk, tan, burgundy, brown,walnut. Add for bskt weave or carved.
The commercially made ones have flaps, but these can be trimmed off for competition. Some are nylon, leather, kydex,or some other synthetic.
Hope this helps you.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: Mag pouches

No score for this post
February 11 2014, 12:25 PM 

Thanks for the reply
I'm looking for a double to put the spares in

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement