<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Handgun powder

March 13 2014 at 6:06 PM
No score for this post
JB  (Login x-cop)

For my information, how hard is it for those out there to get handgun/shotgun powder in your area?
Right now no one has it, retail or wholesale. Any suggestions?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: Handgun powder

No score for this post
March 14 2014, 10:24 AM 

Here in Canada it's not that hard to get certain powders are a bit tricky to get
Most of the handgun powders are available but certain powders are back ordered and not available

JB
(Login x-cop)

Handgun powder

No score for this post
March 14 2014, 5:59 PM 

Just out of curiosity what brands are available in the way of powder for handguns and shotguns?
Who is your bullet head supplier?Jacket and lead?

JB
(Login x-cop)

Handgun powder

No score for this post
March 14 2014, 6:28 PM 

Just out of curiosity what brands are available in the way of powder for handguns and shotguns?
Who is your bullet head supplier?Jacket and lead?

Unregistered Member
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
March 15 2014, 12:28 PM 

Our ppc club deals with higginson powder company for powder we buy in group orders
We deal with custom reloading service and budget reloading supplies and canadian bdx
For bullets
A lot of us cast our own bullets

JB
(Login x-cop)

Handgun powder

No score for this post
March 15 2014, 6:54 PM 

Just went on the site and everything for handguns and shotgun powder that can be used for handguns is listed out of stock! What now?????
Same as in this country, and they are saying a year or more back ordered!
Primers are starting to show up again at least. Good luck.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
March 15 2014, 7:26 PM 

Luckily I bought a couple cans and a keg last year I'm good for powder for now
Of course some of the powders that I need are on back order and we can't get them

tonyk60
(Login tonyk60)

No score for this post
March 17 2014, 4:38 AM 

JB, Hogdon powder is manufactured in Australia and then rebranded

AS30N.................Clays
Trail Boss.............Trail Boss
AS50N.................International
AP70N.................Universal

I would seriously be looking at Winchester

WST

Aliant powders Bullseye or even Red dot at a pinch, I have had good results with most of the powders I have listed. Probably Universal may be a little slow for what you need, but a very good 9mm powder for those that shoot them.

Primers here aren't any better, I know of one shop that has 9 million on back order, and probably won't see 10% of that. I have the next 6 months planned out for matches and training, after that..... go fishing.

cheers

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
December 27 2014, 10:48 AM 

Anyone able to find powder?

JB
(Login x-cop)

Handgun powder

No score for this post
December 27 2014, 12:14 PM 

After 2 years got an 8lb keg of WST. Should last awhile. Had a chance to get 8lb keg of WSF, but passed on it.
Did find some powder imported from Spain, Maxam. Company makes Rio shot shells too if correct. Comes in bulk kegs and you furnish your own container. Running about $20 lb. Tried it and works good in .38, but doesn't meter all that well for 9mm my opinion.Burns pretty clean.
.22's stll hard to come by for plinking, and price about double in some cases.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
January 6 2015, 11:11 PM 

Anyone able to find any powder?

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement